edelebrok slp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• edelebrok slp?

hey! i have pacesetters back full 3inch with an edelbrok cat-back. im looking for a volume increase. i was thinking about buying an slp loudmouth resonator only and replacing my muffler with it. any idea how this will sound? should i run another "bullet muffler to detone the rasp? i listened to a soundclip of this and i couldnt tell jack. so anyone have anything to help me?
    The confusion surrounds me <br />change is imminent<br />if I were they<br />we could be great

Dude I have the question. I'm thinking of buying the resonator from SLP. Which one you lookin into the Shotgun design or the Loudmouth II? Either one of those is going to replace my magna muffler. I havnt been able to get a response on this from this board nor have I heard any soundclips.

Comment

you can do it but you'll only be able to have a single outlet. it will be louder, and still rasp. the tone of the exhuast will change greatly. the rasp will be louder and sound very different. i dont think it sounds bad in person, but a mufflers rasp sounds worse.

shotgun design is basicly just a 4 inch section of pipe, with 3 inch inlet and outlet. theres no baffle or anything. just straight pipe, this will be the loudest of the two. this is in the loudmouth one setup. this is the one most people have as of now. because it is the original.

the loudmouth 2 is similar to the bullet type muffler. which is basicly a high quality glass pack that souns alot better. the bullet comes in the tsp rumbler. some people think it sounds better. alot of people replace the "shot gun" style with the bullet style that came i with the original lm.

i prefer the shotgun style, imo it sounds better when done right.
      <a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/articacid\" target=\"_blank\">2002 35th Anniv. Black Camaro M5</a><br />Mods: Carsound Cat, SLP Loudmouth, Whisper Lid w/ K&N, J&M LCA\'s, ST Springs, eD Stereo(146.7 dB)<br />\'88 K1500 305 V8 Auto(Winter)

Comment

so i can cut off my cat back at the i pipe and hook the better sounding bullet muffler to there. and just leave it at that? or will that sound bad in the middle of the car with no tips? i dont want to to any more than i have to as i have a 1200 exhaust on right now(incl. install) so im hoping to do this in my garage. thanks for the help man.
        also where can i get just the glass pack from slp?
        The confusion surrounds me <br />change is imminent<br />if I were they<br />we could be great

Comment

haha i dont reccomend having the exhaust end right after the i-pipe..
          Dave:
          00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
          97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

yeah dont dump it in the middle. but put it in the middle of the i-pipe and still run it out the back with your existing piping.

the lm is basicly straight pipe with the resonator in the i-pipe.

go to slponline.com and under camaro exhuast.
            <a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/articacid\" target=\"_blank\">2002 35th Anniv. Black Camaro M5</a><br />Mods: Carsound Cat, SLP Loudmouth, Whisper Lid w/ K&N, J&M LCA\'s, ST Springs, eD Stereo(146.7 dB)<br />\'88 K1500 305 V8 Auto(Winter)

Comment

so your saying replace the i-pipe with this and then just run a straight pipe to the back? whats the advantage of this?

Comment

not repalce the i pipe, but put it in there. it sounds better in the i-pipe then in the rear, and this way you can still have dual outlets.

Comment

i dont understand. it goes from the i-piep to th muffler whic has dual exits. without using the muffler i can run itpast the i-pipe. its not possible. how can i use my existing piping because all i have is an i pipe to a muffler.

Comment

look. this is what he is saying.

right now you have an i-pipe:
                    -------------------------

articacid is saying, cut the middle of the i-pipe out and put the resonator in there.. like this.
                    ------{//////////}--------

you dont have to take anything off your car (leave your catback, muffler, etc). the only thing youre taking off is the spot in your i-pipe where the resonator will be. (//////)

correct me if any of this is incorrect guys, im just trying to explain what i think you guys are explaining to him.
                    Dave:
                    00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
                    97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

what im saying is thai no longer want the edelbrok muffler. i just want the resonator...

Comment

Dump it.. it will still be loud if its under the car or out the tips.... Look for a post by RallyRed98.. he has a bullet dumped before the axle...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X