Tutorial on removing the stock muffler without cutting? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tutorial on removing the stock muffler without cutting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tutorial on removing the stock muffler without cutting?

Is this an easy if possible task to complete? I want to remove my stock muffler without cutting anything off incase I need to stick it back on there for a while. Im getting my SLP system in a few months but I wanna run no muff see how it feels, I know some of you have run strait headers...hard to complete?
    2000 3800 II V6 Firebird<br />various small mods, bigger stuff later.

I had to cut mine before the axle to get it out of there since it was all connected together. Chances are, you're going to have to cut.
    2000 Mystic Teal Firebird<br />Full 3\" exhaust, FRA, Aluminum Driveshaft

Comment

no chance in hell? Mines connected the same way, can I remove the parts of the axel at all ? (Control arms)

Comment

If you just want to run the car wihout a muffler, unhook the S-pipe from the I-pipe. They're only connected with a clamp (7/16" bolts, I think). If you want to remove the whole assembly, I don't think it's possible.
        1997 Camaro T-Top A4<br />Magnaflow cat & 3\" catback

Comment

I got it, had to sawzall the sob. Damn there goes puttin it back on... lets go find out how it sounds...

EDIT: HOLY SH*T!!!!!! IT SOUNDS NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

Little bit of vibration added to my driving but worth it. It feels a lil smoother too, Im curious as to how much power that acctually added to it, next Im gonna try that free ram air mod with our hoods

[ October 13, 2005, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: phoenix6 ]

Comment

you probably picked up 5 peak HP.. but say good bye to your torque...

Comment

Originally posted by Pewter2K1:
              but say good bye to your torque...
              actually no, he will not lose a thing, it will probably move up the rpm band like 150rpms
              2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG:
                </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Pewter2K1:
                but say good bye to your torque...
                actually no, he will not lose a thing, it will probably move up the rpm band like 150rpms </font>[/QUOTE]It moves up a littel but higher then that but its still usable.

Put the rear of the car on jackstands. Put your jack under the rear hodling it up.

There is a crossmember under the car with 4 1/2 bolts. take that off, there is a clamp, unhook i t there might take some finesssing.

then go to the rear, take off the rear sway bars. The endlinks need a 13mm socket and a 13mm flat wrench. The brackets use 1/2 socket.

Then, I would unhook bot bottom rear shock mounts.

Then lower the rear slowly, and the rear springs should fall out. Then you "might" be able to get the exhaust out.

If not remove the panhard rod, and you should be able to do it.

Then do the reverse to get it back in. You might be able to jsut do what I just listed on the passenger side only and get it out, but might be wierd getting the spring in at an angle.
                -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

dont need to do all that.
                  my I-pipe is hooked up to the S- by a clamp.
                  I unhooked the clamp and all other pieces holding my cat-back on and it wont come out of the S.

the S to I is unbolted but it its like its rusted or something. the vibration/chattering is annoying.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X