True Dual...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True Dual...

Ok, I've been cruising around online looking for good videos and cool stuff, and i've been seeing a few people with Z28's and SS's that are doing true duals. Leaves me with the question, would it be worth the logistical headache to make a tru dual? or would a straight up 3" convo accomplish mostly the same thing? I've seen some mustang cobras where people are putting tru duals on them and then having the exhaust end at the rear quarterpanel, just behind the door. i'm not gonna lie, it looks sexy as hell... anywho, thanks in advance
    2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

i have the true duals on my car and am takin it off.
    it is in the way of the drieshaft, makin it impossable to replace it without reomving the exhaust.
    and gettin it lined up without makin any noise is hard.

i would just stay with a good single setup

Comment

Originally posted by v6man:
      it is in the way of the drieshaft, makin it impossable to replace it without reomving the exhaust.

why dont you just go to the exhaust shop and have them lower/discconnect the exhaust temporarily, you install the driveshaft at their shop (10 mins?) and then they connect it back up.. they should charge you close to nothing. *shrug* just my two cents.
      Dave:
      00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
      97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

well, i think for sound, a good true dual cant be beat but for performance, a single exhaust system will achieve the same.
        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

hmmmm... ok then. well i'm all for sounding like a stud on the street so how exactly did you get your tru dual v6man? did u put it in yourself or did the shop do it fer ya? also where did you get the system? one last thing (i promise) as far as necessary backpressure goes, how big is TOO big as far as tru dual goes. i want to be as free flowing as possible w/o messin anything up. thanks for replying guys!
          2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

Originally posted by dmw319:
            </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by v6man:

why dont you just go to the exhaust shop and have them lower/discconnect the exhaust temporarily, you install the driveshaft at their shop (10 mins?) and then they connect it back up.. they should charge you close to nothing. *shrug* just my two cents. </font>[/QUOTE]i also just bought the fff trbo kit and to ease the install i rather have the single.

the only real down fall with the true dual set up besides the driveshaft is the routing of the driver side pipes. i had to go over the trans k-member and there isnt much room to do that so i always get rattles. they are never gone. and unless you have a 02 sim you will get post cat codes. i have had one for years.

but main reason is the turbo piping will be much easier to connect to a single exhaust.

and all the connections are welded except the muffler and cats so to lower it would have to remove it.

[ October 14, 2005, 11:32 AM: Message edited by: v6man ]

Comment

Originally posted by Camaro Dom:
              hmmmm... ok then. well i'm all for sounding like a stud on the street so how exactly did you get your tru dual v6man? did u put it in yourself or did the shop do it fer ya? also where did you get the system? one last thing (i promise) as far as necessary backpressure goes, how big is TOO big as far as tru dual goes. i want to be as free flowing as possible w/o messin anything up. thanks for replying guys!
              with the ste up all i did was hook up both the cats to the headers and the shop did all the rest. i cut my cross over pipe so i could use the flanges to mount the cats to it. like i said above i ran it over the k-member and the reason i did that was so i didnt have clearance issues. my car is lowered and didnt want to risk hitting the exhaust. i your dont lower your car i dont see a problem with going around the k-member.

the pipes are all about 2-1/4 all the way out on both sides and didnt notice any back pressure issues at all.

i would recommend a different muffler than what i used and that is a dynomax super turbo muffler with dual in and out. it sounds like crap up high when flored. an h-pipe is a good thing to connect the 2 sides to even out the pressure, reduce back pressure and give it a quiter, better sound.

best of luck if you go this way

Comment

definatly go H pipe if your doing true duals. H pipes generally sound better than a X pipe set up.

2 or 2-1/4 is as big as i'd go on a v6. probally just 2inch. alot of v8 guys do 2.5 or 3 inch so keep that in mind.
                1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Good luck fitting H-Pipe on there, or an X. If i can find room i'll get the H-pipe on mine put on. I have 2 1/2 and have no problems with speed bumps. I have 5in round Borlas and they fit up nicely. The shop had to beat up on the floor boards to make room for the mufflers but mine fits nicely.

2 1/4 if I were you. My 2 1/2 is over kill, but probaly one of the best sounding 3.8's out there IMO.
                  2001 V6 Camaro - VTEC Badged, Abbott Racing Heads Sticker, and Loud A$$ Exhaust<br /><br /><b>BUILT NOT BOUGHT</b><br /><br />14.0 @ 96.44 MPH (Street Tires, Before Tranny)<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/6pakcamaro54\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/6pakcamaro54</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X