header advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• header advise

what headers, when installed can be hooked up to the stock y pipe?
    since i'm doing the duals..... i might as well research headers for it too eh?
    00 Camaro with the Y87 Package!<br /><br />stock times 15.59 @86.3mph with a 2.25 60\'

None....and if your are doing duals....why do you need a y pipe.
    <a href=\"http://www.onid.orst.edu/~waltejam/\" target=\"_blank\">98 Bright Red Camaro</a><br />Too many mods to list....check my website

Comment

the duals will be matched up to the stock manifold location. so if a header set would hook up to stock y pipe location... would it not be presumable that it would fit to the duals?
      00 Camaro with the Y87 Package!<br /><br />stock times 15.59 @86.3mph with a 2.25 60\'

Comment

If your doing duals you won't have a use for a y-pipe it will have to be custom bent piping coming from each header.
        00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

okay....i KNOW i wont have to have a y pipe.
          what i'm asking, since the duals will mate with the stock manifolds in the stock location, is if any brand of headers will mate correctly w/o any modification to the headers or the dual setup.

HENCE the questio if they would mate witht the stock ypipe..

Comment

No...all 3 different ones require a different y pipe.
            <a href=\"http://www.onid.orst.edu/~waltejam/\" target=\"_blank\">98 Bright Red Camaro</a><br />Too many mods to list....check my website

Comment

Odd question but if your going duals then planning on switching to headers later all it would take would be a slight adjustment to the piping that met the new headers.
              00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

thanks for the replies guys!!

anyone know of a place that can give me some info on designing headers? because i think i can have some long tubes made for dirt cheap....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X