slp cai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slp cai

since i finally got my exhaust im looking to open my car up from the other end now and get an intake. i was thinking about doing the FRA mod and getting a K&N filter with a whisper lid but i found the slp kit online for $300. is it worth the money? what difference will i see performance wise between the 2?

heres the one i was looking at.
    http://www.slponline.com/view_produc...46&BIG=21046-1
    '99 Camaro Y87 M5 T-tops
    Flowmaster american thunder cat back, 2.5" magnaflow high flow cat, centerforce dual friction clutch

Car Domain

Just get the lid, save the $200 towards headers.

Comment

FRA?
      Camaro99\'3.8, original spoil package (no body mods...PROUDLY), K&N, Lid 3800II, SLP CAI, Flowmaster, Z28Chrome Tips, 180* Thermostat.

Comment

300 hundred bucks for what?

if you decide to get a snorkel type ram air you don't have to buy the lower 'ram air scorkel' if you are worried about water.

you can get a ram air kit and shave your lid and add smooth air bellows for free.
        http://home.comcast.net/~grayman99/Air-intake.htm
        01 Firebird A4 3.42
        Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
        and other mods
        Visit Project Unleashed for guides and info.

Comment

whats a lower ram air snorkel?

whats the difference between the free mod and an aftermarket cold air intake?
          '99 Camaro Y87 M5 T-tops
          Flowmaster american thunder cat back, 2.5" magnaflow high flow cat, centerforce dual friction clutch

Car Domain

Comment

Originally posted by 99camaro-3.8:
            whats the difference between the free mod and an aftermarket cold air intake?
            FRA just cuts out the bottom of the air box. CAI adds in an air scoop.
            Matt
            1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
            Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

is it better to have the scoop or does it not even matter?

i had a chance to do some more searching today. i found the slp cai scoop for $116 and a whisper lid with new filter for $110. would this be a good set-up. either way im goin to get a whisper lid and mostly just want to know if the scoop is worth it.
              '99 Camaro Y87 M5 T-tops

Car Domain

Comment

Personally, I wouldn't spend the money on a CAI/ram air kit. Just stick with FRA and you'll be set.
                Matt
                1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
                Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

what is it that the scoop even does?

has anyone had any experience with just the FRA and then a cold air kit afterwards to compare the performance difference between them?

[ October 14, 2005, 07:53 PM: Message edited by: 99camaro-3.8 ]
                  '99 Camaro Y87 M5 T-tops

Car Domain

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X