&%*$ing Whisper Lid...HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• &%*$ing Whisper Lid...HELP!

Well i just installed my Whisper Lid/Holley filter yesterday from ThunderRacing. I'm very impressed with the performance, and mostly the sound of the intake. but i have a problem thats really pissing me off: the stock clamps that hold down the lid will not stay closed! it seems as though the Lid is too short for the clamps to keep it shut, they are so loose they pop off when i close the hood. it's ridiculous1 anyone else have this problem or a remedy to fix it?? i removed the factory plastic filter brace along with the stock filter....was i supposed to do that? please help ASAP i don't like the looseness of the clamps it makes it look like a crappy install. if this is how the install is supposed to be please let me know. thanks guys
    V-SEX!<br /><br />intake/exhaust ;)<br />plenty appearence<br /><br />Within my grasp: 14\'s :)

make sure you have the lid lined up correctly. it has to be JUST RIGHT and it might take a little jiggling around and whatnot, but it will eventually seat and work like stock.

Comment

douch I told you I'd do it right. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ju5t_B3at_Me2005:
        i removed the factory plastic filter brace along with the stock filter....was i supposed to do that?<hr></blockquote>

No. Set the new filter in the plastic tray, then install the filter and clamp down. That should fix it.
        2002 Firebird <br />Mods: Whisper CAI and Lid, K&N, Edelbrock Cat-Back, Hurst Billet Plus Shifter w/Lou\'s Short Stick, BMR STB, 32mm front sway bar w/polygraphite bushings and end links, PHB polygraphite bushings, HPP3 tuned

Comment

The Whisper Lid fits behind the lip of the bottom piece, not in front of. Just push the lid a lil further back before clamping down. ;)
          Jason McCallister, Founder & Webmaster<br /><a href=\"http://www.wtfba.org\" target=\"_blank\">West Tennessee F-Body Association, Inc.</a><br /><br />2000 Camaro - <a href=\"http://www.wtfba.org/site/view_member.php?ID=68\" target=\"_blank\">Details</a>

Comment

Try it with the tray back in that should raise it a 1/4 in.

Comment

Jason is correct. do not pull it forward it has to sit behind the lip on the front of the box. And no you don't need that damn tray get rid of it. I had this same problem you just need to have the lid lined up properly. or else the clips will pop off everytime you hit a bump =)

[ January 25, 2004: Message edited by: ReodDai ]</p>
              00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Jason McCallister:
                The Whisper Lid fits behind the lip of the bottom piece, not in front of. Just push the lid a lil further back before clamping down. ;) <hr></blockquote>

+1!

When I have installed mine, I've put the lid AFTER the lip and I've lost 1 clamp, push it before!
                99\' Camaro M5 3.23 LSD<br />-SLP CAI,K&N,Whisper Lid,!MAF Screen<br />-2\'5 Flowmaster Catback <br />-BMR STB<br />-Kumho 712 supra 245/50/16<br /> <a href=\"http://www.camaroV6.fr\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.camaroV6.fr</a>

Comment

thanks guys i got it!!
                  V-SEX!<br /><br />intake/exhaust ;)<br />plenty appearence<br /><br />Within my grasp: 14\'s :)

Comment

knew you could do it
                    00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X