need a little help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a little help

I just had a new catback exhaust put on my '96 Camaro M5 and after about 15 minutes of driving I noticed that when I step on the gas I get a rattling noise and it sounds extremely ricey. This is always after it warms up and I tried tightened all of the bolts but it didn't seem to help. Any ideas??

poss. your cat is beat, and the ceramic is coming out.

also, you have to give it a few hundred miles to sound like its supposed to. New exhaust has to "burn" in, and that takes a few hundred miles.

may be your cat tho, cause burning in of exhaust doesnt sound like a rattle.

Comment

I thought about that and wouldn't it be making that sound all of the time, not only after it warmed up?

Comment

Go back there and jiggle ur exhaust around and see if it's hitting anything around the axle area.
        1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

Check to see if your exhaust is hitting anywhere or any of the heat shielding is loose.

It will sound ricey till it burns in. My V6 Camaro sounded total rice and so did my Trans Am when I first put the cat backs on. Pretty soon though it should sound real sweet.

Chris
          <b>2002 BSM TransAm WS.6 M6</b><br /><b>350rwhp, 365rwtq</b><br /><b>Stock:</b>13.455 @ 105.39 2.129 60\'<br /><b>Mod:</b>12.449 @ 113 1.832 60\'<br /><br /><b>2004 QSM GTO M6</b><br /><b>303rwhp, 329rwtq</b><br />Stock: 13.74 @ 102.14 2.1 60\'<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/silvertaws6\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/silvertaws6</a> <br /><br /><b>1984 Firebird S/E M5</b><br />2.8L

Comment

Yea, it sounds like it's hitting something, i've had several mufflers on my car and I know what you guys are talking about when you say "burn in" however my flowmaster catback actually sounded better before it burned in, lol.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X