So what exactly did you use for your own ghetto smooth bellow? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what exactly did you use for your own ghetto smooth bellow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what exactly did you use for your own ghetto smooth bellow?

I think I went a cheap and efficient route.

I bought a 3in. to 3in. PVC coupling. So you actually fit 3 in. pipe inside of it. COst at home depot. $0.98 (didn't have to find someone to cut it, jsut picked it up off the shelf)

The actual hole in the stock rubber pieces look like they are 3.25-3.5 in. wide.

Only flaw, is in teh middle their is a tiny lip to stop 3in. PVC you slide their from sliding too far. I had a sanding bit for my drill already, jsut grinded it out. Took like 5 minutes. I had some model paint(BLue) and some brake caliper paint(form my old car, RED) left over. So I painted it blue. I think one day at work I will grab some flat black paint we have laying around at work and spray it with that to give it a stock look.

I put it in place of the stock box, and added 3 clamps, once for the entrance of the bellow, to the exit of the bellow and one to connect the rubber piece to the TB. The piece fits nice and snuggly into the rubber part.

Well so other then grinding down the, no cutting really needed.

here is a pic of the finished result.

http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...05_82_full.jpg

http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...05_81_full.jpg

I noticed a difference immediately over stock. But I installed a lid with all ht efns shaved down, few mods hera nd there(I smoothed out the corners of the endtrance of the lid to where it meets witht eh smooth bellows), and put in a K&N, Motor sounds alot cooler, now. Its alot louder, the motor(the exhaust isn't much louder) But before you coudl barely hear the car under WOT.

I paid...
    -$20 for a used lid to modify(keeping mine to go back to stock)
    -$25 for a used K&N with less then 3,000 miles on it(got shipped to me in the original plastic bag and box, looked great)
    -$0.98 for PVC coupling
    -~$2 for 4in or 3in hose clamps don't know the official size just eyeballed it
    -$0 on spray paint I had some laying around, but its not expensive anyways if you have to buy it or just leave it if you enjoy white pvc. [img]graemlins/banana.gif[/img]

It sounds cool, I think it looks good, was pretty cheap, and gave a good notice in performance. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ May 14, 2004, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: MustangEater8251 ]

looks good. very cheap and effective. good job
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

grrr... friend just offered to sell me his K&N for $10... ohh well [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X