Header Install Help..BROKEN BOLT PLEASE HELP!! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Header Install Help..BROKEN BOLT PLEASE HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Header Install Help..BROKEN BOLT PLEASE HELP!!

Hey All,
    I need some help with my headers.
    1.) I cant get the friggen y-pipe disconnected from the cat
    2.) how do you get the O2 sensors of the manifold?
    I have been banging the crap out of the ypipe to try and loosen it with no luck. Im sure my cat will be worthless since I have been banging on it all day. Any advice you could lend would be great.
    Shane

[ January 11, 2004: Message edited by: snatch ]</p>
    00 Pewter Y87 Camaro-SS Hood/Chrome rims, Black Halos, Clear corners, Pacesetters, V8 K&N FIPK, 3\" B&B TriFlow, HPP3, MSD Coils, Taylor wires, Transgo stage II, Edge 3000 Stall, 180* thermo, SLP Bowtie Grill<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/468763/1/\" target=\"_blank\">Carro</a>

The y pipe doesn't just slip off. Get a hack saw and cut it, also reading install instructions would not hurt. I removed the o2 sensors before removing anything else when I did my headers. They would be very hard to remove when the exhaust is removed from the car.

Comment

Well,
      That would make sense. I never got any instructions from the person I bought them from.
      00 Pewter Y87 Camaro-SS Hood/Chrome rims, Black Halos, Clear corners, Pacesetters, V8 K&N FIPK, 3\" B&B TriFlow, HPP3, MSD Coils, Taylor wires, Transgo stage II, Edge 3000 Stall, 180* thermo, SLP Bowtie Grill<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/468763/1/\" target=\"_blank\">Carro</a>

Comment

I'm in the process of installing my headers also. Got all the old stuff off and will install the new stuff tomorrow.
        I cut the Y-Pipe off from the cat using a Saws-All. That worked out real well.
        I didn't take off the left side O2 sensor until after I had the manifold off. I just used a wrench for that. The right side sensor was a different story, though. I couldn't get the heat shields off until I took it off. I went down to Advance Auto and bought a special tool designed just for those. It's a socket with a slot in it for the wires to stick out. That worked perfectly. ;)

[ January 10, 2004: Message edited by: 98Camaro3.8 ]</p>
        Matt
        1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
        Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Cool,
          Looks like we have taken the same approach. I think Im gonna go buy that socket, how much did that run?
          Thanks
          Shane

Comment

It was $10.99. Kind of pricy, but it made it real easy.
            Matt
            Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Autozone will loan you that socket for free.
              <a href=\"http://www.fatninjas.com/camaro\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Camaro Convertible</a>

Comment

I disconnected the sensors... removed the manifolds then took the sensors out with a wrench in my living room
                00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

Thanks all I just bought an O2 socket and hacksaw so Im good to go. All I have to do tomorrow is cut the Y-pipe off, remove the O2 sensors and studs that were left in the block, change the plugs, and install the pacesetter's.
                  Thanks for your help, oh and by the way I did find the instructions inside the box at the very bottom.
                  Shane

Comment

and so the struggle continues....
                    I think Im screwed. The number one bolt on the drivers side broke off with less than an inch sticking out a while back. I got a couple turns on it with my vice grips and that was it, no more turning, just stripping the threads.
                    WHAT DO I DO?
                    Thanks,
                    Shane

[ January 11, 2004: Message edited by: snatch ]</p>

Comment

SON OF A B!TCH. the person who sold These tome sold me the wrong ones they have a pre cat O2 and I dont need it.
                      I guess I need to find a plug. :mad:

Comment

any one Im running out of time?

Comment

Mine also had the pre cat hole, the exhuast shop just welded it in.
                          1998 Red Firebird A4<br />Best 1/4 3.08 open<br />1/4 15.48 60\' 2.28 MPH 88.78<br />Mods Pacesetter headers cutout after <br />y pipe, wisper lid<br />Best 1/4 3.42 Lsd same mods<br />1/4 15.27 60\' 2.23 MPH 89.02<br />1982 Chevy<br />Engine 2000 5.3L Vortech A4 fuel injection 3.73\'s, custom exhaust

Comment

They're made for 95-99, so some of us don't need that hole for the pre-cat sensor. Mine came with a plug so I could plug that hole.
                            Matt

Comment

Go to home depot and in the plumbing section they have a screw that will fit RIGHT into that pre-cat hole. Thats what I did and it fit PERFECTLY.

I'll try to remember what size it was real quick....I'll post back with it later.
                              Shawn<br />2002 Silver W68 Firebird

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X