Getting exhaust soon (need some advice) - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting exhaust soon (need some advice)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting exhaust soon (need some advice)

[img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img] Two weeks till school gets out and I made an agreement with my dad I wouldn't start modding till summer! I'm going go with a carsound cat,cutout right before muffler ,40 series original flow, and turndowns. It's going to be 2.5 pipes and I would like to know if the cat should be 2.5 both ways and is summit the best place to get the cutout? Thanks!
    98 White Camaro

Sounds like a good plan. Make sure you post sound/video clips. I believe the cat is 3'' in 2.5'' out. If I'm wrong, somebody please correct me on this
    \"I\'m going to torment you beyond the end of time, and hit you with a steamroller!\"

Comment

yeah you might need to get a 3" inlet/outlet cat...because aftermarket universal cats are usually the same diameter inlet and outlet.

Comment

yea i just ordered a 3" cat for mine. its 3" in and 2.5"...you have to take the cat to a muffler shop and have a reducer welded onto the outlet side to make it 2.5" instead of 3".
        1997 Camaro<br />17x9 Chrome SS wheels, SLP CAI, Magnaflow Catback,<br />High Flow Cat, Blacked out Lights, 20% tint, AUDIO: 1600W Kenwood eXcelon Amp, 12\" Kicker L7, 1 Farad Cap (Recently STOLEN),<br />H&R Springs and KYB AGX\'s,<br />Billet Grille

Comment

I just did a search on the 40 series and a lot of ppl say it sounds bad!?!? What is the sound difference between the 80 and the 40. Is the 80 much louder?
          98 White Camaro

Comment

you need a v8 for the 40, the v just dont have the exuast flow the 8 has
            www.turbov6camaro.com
            1997 3800 Series II Camaro
            4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
            7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
            11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X