my dads exhaust question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my dads exhaust question

my dad just recently bought a 2000 firebird, and he wants to put flowmaster on it, and it's a 3.8 v6! i've heard the v8's with flows, and they sound bad ***, but will it sound real bad, like the v6 mustangs with flows, cause they sound horrible! he really wants the deep rumble, kinda like a mustang gt!

It will sound great at idle and for normal driving but once you get on the gas you will get a little rasp int the upper rpm range. This will happen with any 3" exhaust system your get though. my opinion if you want it more for the look and the sound get a stock i-pipe off a trans am or z28 (plenty at junk yards) and then get an after market muffler or even the stock TA muffler for it. it will be cheaper and sound better but will not offer quite the perfomance gains of a 3" system.
    2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

Originally posted by Tony F.:
      my dad just recently bought a 2000 firebird, and he wants to put flowmaster on it, and it's a 3.8 v6! i've heard the v8's with flows, and they sound bad ***, but will it sound real bad, like the v6 mustangs with flows, cause they sound horrible! he really wants the deep rumble, kinda like a mustang gt!
      It won't sound like a good GT.
      If you want a good sound out of it you'll have to do more than just a little flowmaster.
      Shawn<br />2002 Silver W68 Firebird

Comment

It will never sound like an 8. No matter what you put on it, it will always sound like a V6. Headers and True Duals with an H-Pipe will make it sound much better than any aftermarket system.IMO I'll know for sure once I get my headers installed though.. ;)
        2000 Firebird. Whisper Lid, True duals, TSP mail order tune, Built Tranny , TCI 2800 stall verter, B&M tranny cooler, Eaton LSD, 3.42 gears. Current best ET. 15.232 89.09 MPH 2.175 60ft on stock 3.42\'s and open diff.<a href=\"http://www.geocities.c

Comment

i have headers and 2 1/2 cat bacc kto flow 80s

sound great and to a untranined ear a V8 till 3000-3500 rpm
          www.turbov6camaro.com
          1997 3800 Series II Camaro
          4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
          7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
          11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

i have 2.5in can with 3in catback and magnaflow, and i love the sound
            Fighting Texas Aggie class of 2008<br />black 3.4 T-top bird<br />- K&N CAI - magnaflo catback - slect coils - catco cat - tb coolant bypass

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X