O2 sensors after installing headers.... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

O2 sensors after installing headers....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O2 sensors after installing headers....

i keep getting codes from my O2 sensors, the 2(one on each of the headers) and the the one before the catalyst. it wasnt doing this before header install. but now it is throwing a code every other day..go to auto zone and get it cleared. and its fine for a day, then comes back on... but it has been alternating between the 3 different sensors. is this normal or does this mean that they are bad?
    1997 Camaro RS<br /><br />3\" Flowmaster Exhaust,Pacesetter headers,Catco Cat,Cold Air Intake,Clear bumper lights altezzas,chrome rear bumper letters,chrome badges, headlight conversion kit(soon to come),2 12 MTX Thunder 8000, MTX 6500d amp, Fosgate 1 farad cap

That didnt happen to me...after my header install everything was fine...so I dont know that it is a normal thing.
    Maybe some others have more experience with it though...hope you figure it out.
    Shawn<br />2002 Silver W68 Firebird

Comment

I had the same exact problem you are having. The thing is the o2 sensors are very sensitive. If you hit the sensors at all when taking them out or putting them back on the inside of the sensor could have been damaged. The only way to fix the problem is to get the sensors that are throwing codes changed out to new ones, once i did that i havent had a problem since
      96 3.8l green camaro Y87 <br />(Sold January 28th, 2004) New whip (02 Civic SI)<br />\"Out with the bad..in with the good; out with the bad in with the good!\"<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/themeangreen6\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/themeangreen6</a>

Comment

which reminds me.. I need to check and see which code that SES light actually is.
        00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X