help me out guys...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help me out guys...

Alright guys...I'm turning 17 next week and I just put the down payment on a 99 bird. I pick it up friday after school. I want the car to sound powerful...I know someone with a formula and he has a cutout and it sounds awesome. Would it sound just like that on the bird? I need some advice here, any help would be appreciated. Can I even get a cutout with a auto? Can someone explain what a cutout actually is? I thought it was just a part of the pipe where they put a hole in it and you can cap it when you choose. But I'm not really sure. Sorry that I am such a newbie.
    SOLD - 1999 Black Firebird<br />A4, T-tops, 3.42 gears, Y87 Package<br />[Appearance mods] Chrome side vents, Pontiac metallic silver rear inlay<br />[Performance mods] TSP Rumbler<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/eminemz115\" target=\"_blank\">PICS</a>

First of all, your bird will never sound like that formula.
    Second of all....glad to hear you're getting a bird [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    Auto's can have cut-outs and its basically exactly what you think it is. Most people put them before the catalytic converter and open them up at the track to scream.
    To get a really good sound I would start with a 3inch catback exhaust (regardless of people saying you lose torque with 3inch....you dont...its BS) and then put a good set of headers on and you'll sound pretty damn mean.
    I've got the borla catback and pacesetter headers and it sounds about as mean as its going to sound without putting a cam in.
    Goodluck modding your bird :cool:

[ January 08, 2004: Message edited by: FloydSummerOf68 ]</p>
    Shawn<br />2002 Silver W68 Firebird

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by FloydSummerOf68:
      First of all, your bird will never sound like that formule.
      Second of all....glad to hear you're getting a bird [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
      Auto's can have cut-outs and its basically exactly what you think it is. Most people put them before the catalytic converter and open them up at the track to scream.
      To get a really good sound I would start with a 3inch catback exhaust (regardless of people saying you lose torque with 3inch....you dont...its BS) and then put a good set of headers on and you'll sound pretty damn mean.
      I've got the borla catback and pacesetter headers and it sounds about as mean as its going to sound without putting a cam in.
      Goodluck modding your bird :cool:
      <hr></blockquote>

Sounds good. How much would that set me back? Can I just get a cutout as of right now and then save up some money and get the 3 inch catback and headers?

He said the cutout cost him about 40 bucks for parts. Would it sound alright, or would it be like a ricer sound :rolleyes:
      SOLD - 1999 Black Firebird<br />A4, T-tops, 3.42 gears, Y87 Package<br />[Appearance mods] Chrome side vents, Pontiac metallic silver rear inlay<br />[Performance mods] TSP Rumbler<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/eminemz115\" target=\"_blank\">PICS</a>

Comment

I'm not real sure how a cut-out would sound by itself on our birds...I dont have one...someone else who has one would have to let you know that...but personally I cant imagine them sounding REAL good because our engines themselves dont sound nearly as mean as the V8's
        And that would set you back 200-300 (Depending on non-coated or coated) for headers and anywhere from 250-650 for the catback exhaust. You will just have to decide how much you care about how it looks/performs/sounds/costs before you dump some money.
        Shawn<br />2002 Silver W68 Firebird

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X