ram air w/o air box assembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ram air w/o air box assembly

i'm getting a new functional ram air hood and i would like to know if the ram air will be effective or even damage the engine somehow if there is no air box assembly, so cold air will be forced into the whole engine compartment.
    Red 94 Firebird: KIA<br />Black 2000 WS6 T/A: Parts for Sale

If you are talking about just getting the hood...functional as it may be....all it will be doing is letting air under the hood....it wont be giving you a ram air effect. It might just cool things down under the hood a bit...which is good...but it wont do anything to speak of other than look nice.
    If you want a ram air effect then get a CAI...those supposedly give better #s than hoods with ram air anyway.
    Shawn<br />2002 Silver W68 Firebird

Comment

if you don't have the airbox assembly, the "ram air" effect won't work to the best of its ability. it won't damage your engine though; in fact it might help cooling a little by allowing a better flow of air throughout the engine compartment. this is not to forget the fact that the hood looks totally sweet [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

i can see why you would be worried about the difference between temps inside the motor and out, but i don't think that two little holes in the hood are going to make "big waves" anyway.

EDIT: what floyd said :D

[ January 07, 2004: Message edited by: RallyRed 98 ]</p>

Comment

i have a CAI, i was just worried about maybe alot more water and dirt and stuff maybe slowly damaging the engine. yeah it will look sweet, i can't wait
        [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]
        Red 94 Firebird: KIA<br />Black 2000 WS6 T/A: Parts for Sale

Comment

Ah dont worry about water and dirt...just keep your filter clean (if you dont have a K&N get one and clean it out whenever it gets to gunked up)

PS: Heh I guess you were writing that post the same time I was writing mine...I just got mine out a little faster [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ January 07, 2004: Message edited by: FloydSummerOf68 ]</p>
          Shawn<br />2002 Silver W68 Firebird

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X