PVC intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PVC intake

Yea i know that this topic has been butchered and yes i did do a search. I just need to know if it is safe to put the pvc piece in place of the air baffles before the throttle body. i've heard that the pvc might melt and send harmful fumes into the engine. i've also heard that it will not melt and it will not harm the engine. Or should i just buy a whisper lid. All i need is a GO or NO. Thanks! [img]graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img]
    2002 V6 Camaro<br />1/4 --- 15.052<br />MPH --- 89.94<br />Mods: Flowmaster 80 series, SLP CAI, K&N Filter, Viper 791 Remote Start<br />Stereo: Pioneer DEH-P8600MP Headunit<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/highflyguy0824\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/highflyguy0824</a>

do it the right way and buy the lid or the K&N aircharger.
    2001 Black Camaro<br /><br /><br />I have no clue how i beat you.....maybe your car is slow.<br /><br />Whisper lid, SSRA, Pacesetter Headers, Carsound 3\" Cat, SLP Loudmouth, BMR strut brace, black ZR-1 rims, Xenon kit

Comment

Hey bro, its fine to use. ive been running mine that way for a year. its a deffinate improvement over stock. I have had no melting issues. Now the wisper lid is probably a little better but its also a lot more expensive. If you plan on buying an exhuast just do the pvc and save your money for the exhaust. i used a 3" pvc coupling for mine (its a little smoother and thicker pvc.
      2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

got a serial number for the pvc?
        2002 V6 Camaro<br />1/4 --- 15.052<br />MPH --- 89.94<br />Mods: Flowmaster 80 series, SLP CAI, K&N Filter, Viper 791 Remote Start<br />Stereo: Pioneer DEH-P8600MP Headunit<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/highflyguy0824\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/highflyguy0824</a>

Comment

I'll get back to you, my cat died so had to gut it today. ill check tomorrow if i can remember. Also i cant remember if i got it at home depot or lowes so it might not be right, depending on which store you have near you.
          2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

6 11942 03191 7 is what all appears on the part. now im not sure you need the 6 or the 7 on either end of this but if you do there it is. Hope this helps, still cant remember where i got it though.

Comment

hey bro if you want me to i can make you a PVC piece. i have REAL long pieces of PVC piping just laying around outside of my house, and i went out and cut one off...if you want me to i will cut you off the exact length of piece that i have on mine, sand, prime and paint it for you. if u wanna just send me some money i'll ship it off.

Comment

Yes, as mentioned above, pVC will not melt. Even durring certain engine fires, it takes a lickin' & keeps on tickin'. And I used a whole lot more than your going to ;)
                1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                94 comero 3.4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X