z28 hangers same as v6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• z28 hangers same as v6?

am i correct in the assumption that the exhaust hangers for the z28 and the 6 cyl cars are the same? i know they prolly look different but they should still be in the same place.

reason i ask is that i recently aquired the rear sction of and SLP exhaust from my cousins 2002 SS. i hacked it on pretty well using the hangers i had from my 95 3.4, i then decided, pretty stupidly, to remove the cat. now i have all sorts of problems. leaks and low back pressure, too low. when i load it up in first gear and dump it i get an awful backfire and sputter at the end of the release. it sounds awful.

so in closing i was gonna get the hooker cat back set up on jegs for the z28 because i assume if i could fit the SS exhuast from a 2002 on there i shuld be able to fit the z28 one with a nice hi flow cat. correct?

no, they aren't the same, but it's nothing that a good exhaust shop can't handle.

Comment

I had a place make up one to put on the passenger side... It helped lift it up a little.
      <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/maleet\" target=\"_blank\">1998 Silver Firebird</a> <br />Basic mods... nothing real special but it sure looks good!<br /><a href=\"http://www.maleetpobanz.com\" target=\"_blank\">maleetpobanz.com</a>

Comment

i would like to rig it up myself if possible. i guess its the intermediate pipe hanger i am concerned about. i think i am just gonna buy it and try to rig it up. with my MIG i think i can tack somthin together.

Comment

Save some money and buy your Hooker catback from Texas Speed! They are also a sponsor of this site.
          <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Vladimir Gecko
            Low Voltage
            by Vladimir Gecko
            I recently ran into a problem where when I drove my battery gauge showed low voltage. I compulsively replaced the battery and it was still doing the same...
            17 hours ago
          • LETZRIDE
            New Owner!
            by LETZRIDE
            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
            6 days ago
          • ssms5411
            Little work today
            by ssms5411
            Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
            3 weeks ago
          • LETZRIDE
            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
            02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X