anybody changed the intake manifold gaskets? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anybody changed the intake manifold gaskets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody changed the intake manifold gaskets?

i cant find my book or any info online and i have to get my upper and lower intake manifold gaskets changed tonight, can anybody give me any info on what needs to be done. i can figure it out, but i'd rather not do this by trial and error
    you can\'t get off if you don\'t get on

There is still life in these old bones I see.
    <b> \'95 Camaro 3.4L A4 <i>Rikku</i><br />AutoX - Drift - Street </b><br />\"Sideways is faster.\"

Comment

http://home.cfl.rr.com/mkaprocki/Camaro/UpperIntake.mht
      Matt
      1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
      Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Damn! That's one good teardown/rebuild description!!

-Marc
        sigpic

Comment

Straight out of the GM Service Manual. The whole thing is packed with info like that. [img]smile.gif[/img]
          Matt
          1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
          Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

found my book, got it all done, but unfortunately i broke that little plastic elbow that runs from the lower intake to the tensioner pulley assembly. off to the junkyards i go.
            you can\'t get off if you don\'t get on

Comment

Did you have any trouble getting your gaskets? I had no problem getting the lower set. But I had to look EVERYWHERE for someplace that didn't have the upper gasket on factory back order.
              1997 Cayenne Red Metallic Camaro<br />3.8 V6 M5<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Ceramic Coated Pacesetter Headers <br />Flowmaster American Thunder Catback<br />Full 3.42 & Disc Break Rear End Swap

Comment

found my book, got it all done, but unfortunately i broke that little plastic elbow that runs from the lower intake to the tensioner pulley assembly. off to the junkyards i go.
                About 6 bucks at the dealer for a new one.

Did you have any trouble getting your gaskets? I had no problem getting the lower set. But I had to look EVERYWHERE for someplace that didn't have the upper gasket on factory back order
                Took about a day for Kragen to get me one.
                95 Camaro 3.8L Y2K motor <br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/coriya71\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/coriya71</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X