What bolts to use with pacesetter headers? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What bolts to use with pacesetter headers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What bolts to use with pacesetter headers?

I was wondering what would be the best to use for bolting up my pacesetter headers? Would new exhaust manifold bolts work? I've also heard that LS1 header or manifold bolts work. Is that true?

Thanks for any help.
    \'95 Med. Quasar Blue Camaro 3.4 A4<br />Bunch o\' mods<br /><b>10.18 @ 67.60 mph 2.22 60 ft (1/8 mile)</b> <br /><br />-1986 Camaro with a carbed 350<br /><b>8.53 @ 81.45mph 1.8 60\'</b><br />AIM CamaroL32

If your stock exhaust bolts are in OK shape just use them. I reused mine when I installed my RKSPORT headers. You might want to switch the gasket that goes between the header and the head though. Dont use paper either. Felpro header gaskets are heavy duty and nice quality. I used them on mine.

Comment

Are you sure the stock exhaust manifold bolts will work with headers? Arent the stock manifolds a little thicker? so stock manifold bolts will work with my longtubes? thanks
      Longtubes, true duals, ram air, caspers tps tec, ls1 26lb injectors, supersix powerpack, heads milled .020, comp cam .507 220/224 114 ls, forged internals and chromeoly pushrods, bored .030 over, tb spacer, tranny built with stiffer springs and kevlar bands, bigger servo, transgo stage 3 shift kit, edge 3600 stall, 1 pc aluminum ds, 3.73 superior gears, lsd rear ,custom pcm tuning, walbro 255 in tank,

Comment

Stock manifold bolts on the 3.4L V6 WILL NOT work on the Pacesetter headers or any other headers that I am aware of. The stock flange where the exhaust manifold meets the cylinder head is much thicker than the flanges of headers. When I installed my headers, I had just installed headers on a LS1 and had the stock manifold bolts laying around. I tried them and they work perfect. You can use others, but here's the reason I went with the LS1 bolts...the LS1 bolts have the same thread pattern, but the head is flanged for a 10mm socket which makes installing them a WHOLE LOT EASIER. I tried installing them with regular head bolts and even ones that used a 12mm socket without any luck. Use the LS1 bolts...you will save a lot of headache.
        - Josh<br />If you have any questions or need installation pics/help, e-mail me: Viper98885@aol.com<br /><a href=\"http://Camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/viper98885\" target=\"_blank\">\'93 Camaro Hardtop</a><br /><a href=\"http://Camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/01lincolnls8\" target=\"_blank\">\'01 Lincoln LS8 Sport</a><br />\'00 Yamaha YZF-R6<br /><a href=\"http://www.ftpp.net\" target=\"_blank\">Full Throttle Performance</a>

Comment

Thanks Josh!
          \'95 Med. Quasar Blue Camaro 3.4 A4<br />Bunch o\' mods<br /><b>10.18 @ 67.60 mph 2.22 60 ft (1/8 mile)</b> <br /><br />-1986 Camaro with a carbed 350<br /><b>8.53 @ 81.45mph 1.8 60\'</b><br />AIM CamaroL32

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X