o2 sim controversy concerning a/f mixture - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

o2 sim controversy concerning a/f mixture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• o2 sim controversy concerning a/f mixture

Alot of people i've noticed want to buy o2 sims. I don't understand this b.c. to the best of my knowledge i know that it is the o2 sensors job to measure the exhaust gas coming out of the exhaust manifold and then accordingly richen or lean out the mixture in an attempt to get the air/fuel mixture as close to stoich (14.7) in order to achieve a perfect burn in the cylinder.

If you guys get o2 sims then the computer will think that the exhaust gases are already perfect air/fuel mixes and thus not give perfect readings or adjustments.

Please input your thoughts on this I would gladly appreciate it! Thanks in advance.
    <a href=\"http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4187730&a=31095602&f=\" target=\"_blank\"> 2000 Black Firebird Y87 </a> <br />K&N filter, Whisper Cold Air Intake, Cutout Exhaust;<br />3.42 Gears, LSD;<br />160* Powerstat, Removed Silencers, MAF screen removed;<br />Zex hyperformance Spark Plugs, MSD Superconductor Wires, Manual Fan<br />Switch<br />15.08@90.86 2.149 60ft

O2 simulators are used post cat....

that o2 sensor is there to measure the cat efficiency and not to adjust the fuel trim.

the two o2's that do that task are located in the exhaust manifolds.

hope that clears up the question...please ask more questions if i didn't do a good enough job explaining it.
    1998 Chevrolet Camaro L36 M5<br />1982 Toyota Celica Supra 7MGTE project car - FOR SALE<br /><br />\"I find the most sensual part of the woman is the boobies.\" - Zap Brannigan

Comment

mrbakos right, people use them when they run no cat, gutted cat, or a cat so highflo it throughs a code
      97 polo metallic green v6<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/tdaddyz\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a>

Comment

Oh so your saying that we have 3 o2's and one is used to measure cat effeciency and that is the only one that is replaced with an o2 sim. Okay I didnt know that but I see what your saying. Thanks for the clarification!
        <a href=\"http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4187730&a=31095602&f=\" target=\"_blank\"> 2000 Black Firebird Y87 </a> <br />K&N filter, Whisper Cold Air Intake, Cutout Exhaust;<br />3.42 Gears, LSD;<br />160* Powerstat, Removed Silencers, MAF screen removed;<br />Zex hyperformance Spark Plugs, MSD Superconductor Wires, Manual Fan<br />Switch<br />15.08@90.86 2.149 60ft

Comment

actually 4 on some models...i think there's one right before the cat on some models as well.
          1998 Chevrolet Camaro L36 M5<br />1982 Toyota Celica Supra 7MGTE project car - FOR SALE<br /><br />\"I find the most sensual part of the woman is the boobies.\" - Zap Brannigan

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X