PLEASE help me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE help me.

Hey guys ownd my 1996 3.8L maro for almost a year. I took it to a shop to have it fixed and they said my air filter really should be moved to a cooler spot. (Ok i got my car from some guy and it was his daughters car her boyfriend put on a airfilter and its just a round k&N one going right off the front of the engine!!! so its just sitting in that 4inch open area. Now the guys said it was sucking in hot air. I jimmy rigged a thing out of dryer house a month back and it ripped. so i put it back on the front and am now confused on what to do. Should i go to a junkyard and find a stock kit or should i make another and if i should make another how should/what should i make it out of. PLEASE help i am desperate.
    We got this thing its called RADAR LOVE.

You could make one out of PVC if you really wanted to.
    Matt<br />2000 Firebird<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/index.php?\" target=\"_blank\">FullThrottleV6.com</a>

Comment

Buy a cold air intake from www.thunderracing.com

Comment

i have had mine on like you said for 2 years nothing wrong here

I used a thing to monitor the IAT and only when you stop does it suck in really hot air if your going donw the road my IAT was only 5* if that above the aout side air, the aire goes under the hood into the top or the filter...... it won't hurt any thing like i said 2 years and my car loved it really opend it up.
        www.turbov6camaro.com
        1997 3800 Series II Camaro
        4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
        7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
        11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Ok heres the other thing i want to make on out of pvc but i dont have the room in my engine for the right pipe size!!!. I dont have money for the cold air intake. Now i noticed when i take the airfilter off my car the part it connects to has a white screen.... What is this white screen in pics i see people dont have it on theres whats it do???
          We got this thing its called RADAR LOVE.

Comment

that white screen your talking about is a maft screen i believe.....some people say to remove it for more performance.....the purpose of the maft screen is to smooth the air before it comes to a sensor but i dont recommend it on a 93-97 camaro cause they have an angled throttle body 98-2002 have a straight
            if you take it out you will get a slightly rough idle
            Black 1996 Camaro 3800 Series II with tan leather seats<p>Modifications: K&N Filter, 2 12\" Power Acoustik, 1800 watt Rockford Fosgate Amp, 600 watt Rockford Fosgate Amp, Custom Box, White Gauge overlay with switch, Custom Interior

Comment

u mean 99-2002 with straight TB
              -Paul-<br /><br />03 Lancer Evolution VIII<br /><br />1998 Camaro M5 - Traded

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X