Hi-Flow CAT with no SES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi-Flow CAT with no SES

So I need to install a new cat as the stock one is rattling and making all kinds of hideous noise. Im thinking that ill go with a Carsound Cat, PN #94009. This is the 16 in. version with 3" in/out.

My question is, with all the people who have Hi-Flow cats, who has found what works if I want to upgrade the CAT without replacing any of the piping before or after the CAT, without tripping the SES light.

Im unsure if the ses light is tripped because of too much flow, in which case I might just go with the 2.5" in/out version of the Carsound, or if its due to people changing around the piping (which wont be a problem for me, as im not changing where the O2 sensors are at all). So many times from what ive seen on past threads it seems miss or hit when installing Hi-Flows, there must be a logic to this.

Any suggestions/experiences/ideas/comments/STFU's welcome.

Cp

stfu..

id like to know also

Comment

I had a 3 in and out and it tripped the ses light and it was also a Cat-Co
      2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

I just had SES code 420 on my stock cat-decided this was a good excuse to upgrade exhaust- put on a Magnaflow 94006 2.5 in/out high flow converter and a magnaflow catback sys. Was going to get someone to clear the code to see if the light would stay out after new cat but after driving for 3 days about 250 miles the ses light went out by itself so guess the system likes the new cat so far... I'm happy with it anyway
        99 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 Convertible

Comment

i have a car sound cat 3inch in/out but i also have pacesetter headers and my ses light is on. it goes off on cool days an comes on durring hot days or heavy drivng.
          Too many mods to list! To see what I have done, check out my car domain website --&gt;<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/2k2firebird21\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/2k2firebird21</a>

Comment

you could use an o2 sensor and a carsound... i think Bo runs a catco and he hasn't had any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by 98v6:
              you could use an o2 sensor and a carsound... i think Bo runs a catco and he hasn't had any problems.
              U mean O2 simm....

Anywho I got a 3" universal GM cat when my stock one went out, a few months later the SES light came on. Then 9 months after the install the shield was rattling, so I replaced it with a CarSound. 3 days later the light went off and never came back on.....
              1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

I ordered the Carsound, we'll see what happens. Thanks for the info.

Cp

Comment

no prob...i hope that it works out for you
                  Too many mods to list! To see what I have done, check out my car domain website --&gt;<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/2k2firebird21\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/2k2firebird21</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X