Loudest Exhaust setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loudest Exhaust setup

is the loudmouth the loudest exhaust made? and can someone tell me how far away it can be heard.
    2001 Black Camaro<br /><br /><br />I have no clue how i beat you.....maybe your car is slow.<br /><br />Whisper lid, SSRA, Pacesetter Headers, Carsound 3\" Cat, SLP Loudmouth, BMR strut brace, black ZR-1 rims, Xenon kit

Originally posted by camarov62003:
    is the loudmouth the loudest exhaust made? and can someone tell me how far away it can be heard.
    Its pretty loud, I am sure it all depends on what mods are done to the car, etc...

Do you want to know how far away you can hear it while flooring it, idling, driving normally, etc...
    SOLD - 1999 Black Firebird<br />A4, T-tops, 3.42 gears, Y87 Package<br />[Appearance mods] Chrome side vents, Pontiac metallic silver rear inlay<br />[Performance mods] TSP Rumbler<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/eminemz115\" target=\"_blank\">PICS</a>

Comment

open y-pipe

Comment

i dont know if that is legal.........
        2001 Black Camaro<br /><br /><br />I have no clue how i beat you.....maybe your car is slow.<br /><br />Whisper lid, SSRA, Pacesetter Headers, Carsound 3\" Cat, SLP Loudmouth, BMR strut brace, black ZR-1 rims, Xenon kit

Comment

its not

Comment

Legal+sound=no fun
            Fun+sound=ilegal
            ....You do the math
            -235/4517 Chrome Mondera Solaris<br />-Hornet remote start-keyless entry<br />-Pioneer 8400/CD/MP3<br />-2 Audiobahn 10\'s in custom box<br />-Flowmaster exhaust-SLP CAI-*180<br /><br />Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity....Tony from \"Snatch\"

Comment

turbo with open downpipe, you get the whine and the loud exhaust :D
              2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

Slp LM is pretty loud.....i have it with other mods and idealing is pretty loud.....but when you get on it medium driving it can be heard through my whole neighborhood...About a little under a 1/2 mile or so i would guess it can be herd....
                Too many mods to list! To see what I have done, check out my car domain website --&gt;<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/2k2firebird21\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/2k2firebird21</a>

Comment

I guess I must be getting old. I dont know if its the loudest setup out there, but its is plenty, if not too loud, for me. My setup sounds great at idle. Nice low meaty rumble. Under load accelerating its give-you-a-headache loud. I just regularly drove up our road and pulled into the driveway before my wife had heard the new exhaust on the car and she asked me what the hell I had done to it cause it vibrated the windows of the house.
                  \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

Comment

I have gone spouts fo 6 months straigh open y-pipe(well through a CAT but no catback)

never got hassled, only once got a ticket for it, by a campus cop... but they are crappy.

But like some said, it does get annoying to have a car tha loud drivng everywhere, makes you extra sleepy on road trips for some reason too...

Comment

the best sounding exhaust setup not necessarily the loudest would be rksport headers with a 2.5" straight pipe all the way thru with no cat to an 80 series flowmaster out back
                      SLP CAI, RK Sport headers, P&Ped heads and intake, GT2 cam, Upgraded valvetrain, Z28 rear axle with 4.10s Tx Spd tune, Z06 rims, 2.5\" exhaust to flowmaster, 160* thermo, B&M ripper, upgraded ignition, rockford fosgate 12\" with sony xplode amp and HU.

Comment

Originally posted by FuryCharger:
                        the best sounding exhaust setup not necessarily the loudest would be rksport headers with a 2.5" straight pipe all the way thru with no cat to an 80 series flowmaster out back
                        Thats a granted... but title of thread was loudest exhaust setup [img]smile.gif[/img]

2.5 in. is kinda small for the performance aspect... heck I thought my 2.75 in. was kinda restrictive on my 3.4L.

Comment

3.0" = way to go!!!!
                          Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

Mine is louder than a Dynomouth.. 2.5 inch True Duals is louder than anything other than open headers. No contest.
                            2000 Firebird. Whisper Lid, True duals, TSP mail order tune, Built Tranny , TCI 2800 stall verter, B&M tranny cooler, Eaton LSD, 3.42 gears. Current best ET. 15.232 89.09 MPH 2.175 60ft on stock 3.42\'s and open diff.<a href=\"http://www.geocities.c

Comment

Originally posted by MustangEater8251:
                              I have gone spouts fo 6 months straigh open y-pipe(well through a CAT but no catback)

never got hassled, only once got a ticket for it, by a campus cop... but they are crappy.

But like some said, it does get annoying to have a car tha loud drivng everywhere, makes you extra sleepy on road trips for some reason too...
                              Must be the stock y-pipe....when I had pacesetters through the y-pipe I woke 3 of my neighbors on the morning I drove to the exhaust shop. It did have that nice nascar type rumble though.
                              <a href=\"http://www.onid.orst.edu/~waltejam/\" target=\"_blank\">98 Bright Red Camaro</a><br />Too many mods to list....check my website

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X