cat question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cat question

I have a 95 3.4L camaro, if i gut my cat would my SES light come on?
    Is there any fix for this?
    1995 Camaro 3.4L<br />dynomax super turbo muffler<br />SLP CAI<p>It\'s red so it must be fast!!!

Yes! I'll come on.If you gut it the O2 sensor wold not read the right oxigen level in the cat.You would have to get a O2 simulator.Another thing, why gut it?Why not get a hi flow cat?A car whith no cat will polute as much as 10,000 cars whith cat.Just a sujestion! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    I don't know if they make O2 simulators for 95s
    but a hi flow cat will run you about $195 and O2 sim. will run about the same.

[ March 31, 2002: Message edited by: 9t9fb ]</p>
    ~S87 Black 99 Firebird~

Comment

umm. the 95 3.4 didnt have the o2s after or before the cat. only in the headers. i gutted my cat in my 3.4 and i didnt get nothin but more power.
      For Sale<p>Mods so Far:<br />Tb Coolant Bypass, NGK Vpower Plugs, Accel 8mm Wires, Gutted Cat, TransAm Muffler, K&N FIPK, Crower Baja Cam, Comp Cams Magnum Rocker Arms 1.52 Ratio, Ported Throttlebody, Ported Intake Manifold, 3.73s and Auburn LSD, Yellow Underbody Neons, Milled Heads, Pacesetter Headers, TransGo Shift Kit, 1 Piece DS, Accel Coils, Rk Sport Air Temperature Module<p>Soon Mods:<br />Nos 5175, Rims, Stage 2 Jet Chip, Jet Underdrive Pullys, Strut Tower Brace, Subframe Connectors, Speed Calibrator, Lowering Springs

Comment

I stand corrected. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
        ~S87 Black 99 Firebird~

Comment

also, ive seen O2 sims for as cheap as $45 in some places, so its not the same price as a high flow cat, not the one i had to buy at least...lol
          R.I.P \'99 Firebird, you will be missed<p>New toy - 2001 GSXR-750, Yoshimura Exhaust, Power Commander, Rebuilt Airbox

Comment

So does the 95' 3.4L camaro have a O2 sensor before or after the cat?? or is it in the headers?
            because if it is in the headers i wouldnt need to buy a o2 simulator, right?
            Also many people are telling me to buy a catco cat from summit racing, is this a direct bolt on for my car?? if i replace my cat im going to do it on my own and save money.
            What would be the part number for the catco cat for our cars?

[ March 31, 2002: Message edited by: thabomb180 ]</p>
            1995 Camaro 3.4L<br />dynomax super turbo muffler<br />SLP CAI<p>It\'s red so it must be fast!!!

Comment

the 3.4's are OBD-I. they do not have post-cat O2 sensor (AKA catalyst efficiency monitor.)
              you don't need O2 sims for these vehicles. only the ones that are OBD-II, and from what i've heard, you only need them with gutted cats. high-flow cats should oxidize emissions enough to keep the SES light off.

[ March 31, 2002: Message edited by: strange_trp ]</p>
              ASE Master, L1, X1, C1. Instructor in automotive systems. 99 3800 4L60E with a few mods and a greatful dead sticker on the back window.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                New Owner!
                by LETZRIDE
                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                4 days ago
              • ssms5411
                Little work today
                by ssms5411
                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                2 weeks ago
              • LETZRIDE
                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X