CIA Headers or 2002 manifolds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CIA Headers or 2002 manifolds

I was just wondering I was thinking of getting some headers very soon... And I was thinking of getting the CIA Headers.. ARe these headers worth the price that you pay or are you better of getting thr 2002 manifolds from gm... will the 2002 manifolds from gm work on my car its a 97..

Also which will give you the most noticeable sound differents and power.. please let me know thank you very much
    chuck

in my honest opinion, dont get teh CIA headers..not worth that mad cash for only a few hp gains and torque gains

your better off getting the new pacesetter headers coming out for the 3.8's.. only like..180 for the set.
    96 Camaro M5. Dark metallic gree (?dont know the offical color name)<br />Home made Intake :: Headers, 3inch headers back to Flowmaster muffler :: spec stage 3 clutch Now installed, waiting for 3.42\'s and LSD next month<br /><a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/RiceEatingCamaro/?action=view&current=newcar.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a> <br /><br />Totalled Car.<br /><a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/k/sk8er305/\" target=\"_blank\">96 CamaroRS</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Tyler:
      in my honest opinion, dont get teh CIA headers..not worth that mad cash for only a few hp gains and torque gains

your better off getting the new pacesetter headers coming out for the 3.8's.. only like..180 for the set.
      <hr></blockquote>

Agree.
      <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

When are these coming out... if you know please let me know

Comment

I heard from another post that pacesetter told somebody else(cant remember) that it will be about 90 days before they are released.

Comment

$180 for the painted. Headers (really my honest opinion) aren't worth buying for our cars uncoated. If you're going to spend the money for headers, spend a little extra and GET CERAMIC COATING.

But after all things are said and done, I personally don't think headers are worth the trouble and money, period. (Unless you need them for NOS or blower. But not for NA.)
            -James<br /><br />\'96 3.8L A4 Camaro (SOLD)

Comment

or instead of ceramic coating, get kevlar exhaust sleeves/wrap. they keep the heat in the pipes really well.
              2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />T-Tops, 3.42 rear gear stock<br />Mods:K&N Air Filter,Whisper Air Induction Lid, maf screen removed, raised air box, Kumho Ecsta 712 255-50-ZR16 tires, BMR stb<br />Mods not installed yet: FTRA, SLP Lsd/Differential cover<br />Near Future Mods: HPP3, GMMG 3\" Exhaust , 1LE Swaybars, Transgo Shift Kit, MSD-DIS-4 w/ Accel Coil-Packs, Turquoise Blue Neon Underbody Kit, BMR Adj. LCA\'s, G2 Sfc\'s & V-braces, Pacesetter headers

Comment

and also run the risk of catching fire from what I hear. (Wasn't that 12sec?)
                -James<br /><br />\'96 3.8L A4 Camaro (SOLD)

Comment

If you don't feel that the manifolds are enough, you can always get them ported for a little extra flow. (referring to the '00+ manifolds)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X