Ever thought about wrapping your headers? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever thought about wrapping your headers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever thought about wrapping your headers?

I brought this up a couple of years ago and it wasn't a good discussion.

But I've found this company www.thermotec.com and they claim that their product is the most effective. It doesn't catches on fire like some and it keeps the engine bay temp low and gurantees increase in HP.

I've been thinking of getting the pacesetter black steele headers and wrapping it (not good with ceramic).

I do know for a fact that it wears out the header and cat alot sooner. What do you guys think?

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

how does it wear out the headers and cat sooner? is it because of the heat staying in the pipes?
    2000 pewter firebird<br />Short Throw Shifter, Whisper Lid, Whisper Ram Air, Holley Filter, B&B Triflo, LSD, BMR LCA, STB, PHR, and sway bars (32/21).<br />Power window conversion

Comment

Not sure on what you mean by "wear out headers" however it will wear out the cat due to higher temperatures then normal since the headers are now insulated. Wrapping is worthless to most of us because like you said you don't wrap ceramic coated headers ;) However if you aren't ceramic coated I'd go with thermotec. Just make sure you don't wrap it more then their 1/4in(i think) overlap.
      00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X