Hi-flow cat help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi-flow cat help!

i need some help with picking a hi flow cat to go with my exhaust. ive got a 97 w/ 3.8L. i just ordered headers and i already have a flowmaster 80 series muffler installed, so i need a hi flow cat to go with it. anybody with any suggestions of one that would fit and where i can find it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Call Magnaflow and ask them. They will probably suggest a universal P/N 935XX. see the site for size which will give you the rest of the P/N.
    180 Thermo, K&N Filter, Transgo stage 2, Pacesetters, Magnaflow cat, Flowmaster Catback, 3.42 LSD, Hotchkis LCA/Panhard, Bilstein, Eibach Pro, 1LE bars, SP crossdrilled/slotted rotors.<br /><br />Vortech Project 1.0 failed.<br />Vortech Project 2.0 in the works

Comment

just search on ebay and get the 3" in and 3" out cat
      1997 Camaro<br />17x9 Chrome SS wheels, SLP CAI, Magnaflow Catback,<br />High Flow Cat, Blacked out Lights, 20% tint, AUDIO: 1600W Kenwood eXcelon Amp, 12\" Kicker L7, 1 Farad Cap (Recently STOLEN),<br />H&R Springs and KYB AGX\'s,<br />Billet Grille

Comment

Magnaflow/Carsound^^^^^
        1997 Camaro<br />17x9 Chrome SS wheels, SLP CAI, Magnaflow Catback,<br />High Flow Cat, Blacked out Lights, 20% tint, AUDIO: 1600W Kenwood eXcelon Amp, 12\" Kicker L7, 1 Farad Cap (Recently STOLEN),<br />H&R Springs and KYB AGX\'s,<br />Billet Grille

Comment

what about bigger piping inbetween the cat and muffler? ;)
          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

i have 2.5" pipes, so i need the 2.5 cat instead of the 3 right? im also thinking about changing my exhaust, so what sounds best? anybody upgraded their motor with supersix package? and how was the performance?

Comment

I bought a 2.5 inch Magnaflow converter off eBay and it was a 13 inch converter the part number is 942xx (note: some of the eBay auctions don't tell you the Magnaflow part number so it's kind of a shot in the dark) I haven’t thrown a code yet just had to do some figuring to get it to fit (in front of the cat is 3 inch pipe) you’ll have to cut off the hanger on the old converter and spot weld it to the new one... well at least that’s what I did and it works great.

[ September 09, 2004, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: eXzodious ]
              <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/exzodious\" target=\"_blank\">2000 Pontiac Firebird</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X