Exhaust Help! Flowmaster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust Help! Flowmaster?

I just bought a 98 Firebird, 3800 V6 with duals, and the first upgrade I want to do is the muffler. I'm interested in the Flowmaster 40 series, but have only been able to find an 80 series on Ebay. (Being a college student i'm looking for the cheapest way) I've read numerous posts about people hating the 80 series because there's too much interior noise, and it sounds ricey at high RPM's. Tuffy Auto Service said they could throw a 40 series on there for about $200, but i haven't been able to find one myself. Should I just go ahead and spend the 200? Or is there another brand that's reccomended? Thanks alot for your help guys!

they dont make a series 40 with the setup we need last i look. the series 80(i have) sounds real good but yes, the interior noise is loud but guess what, if you look on the flowmaster site, it will have a diagram showing that the 40 is the loudest inside and out. so if your wanting quiet inside, you need to research more ;)
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

ThanX alot for your help! i called the Flowmaster people themselves - they said they don't even make a 40 series for our car. Thank you to the genius at Tuffy Auto Service Center. So I ordered an 80 series. I wasn't too concerned with the interior noise, i was just concerned my car would sound like a rice burner when a 5.0 Stang is behind me

Comment

Ok "they don't make a 40 series for our car" is the official party line, but technically as long as you got one that fit under the car, it can be used if you really desired a 40 series.
        Matt<br />2000 Firebird<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/index.php?\" target=\"_blank\">FullThrottleV6.com</a>

Comment

I am currently running a 40 series flow master in the stock muffler location, and it fits easily. In fact it is a few inches shorter than the stock muffler, and i have a turn down angled out for a stock look. As far that rice sound is concerned, it is really deep and throaty until about 3000 then it sounds like a chainsaw. I also have a gutted cat so that might be why it sounds so deep until 3k.
          the black 97 <br /> New favorite Mods: Hptuners, and SLP 2OTL

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X