O2 sensor issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O2 sensor issues

had the ole ses light come on after i did my emissions test. went to auto zone and had it scanned it said it was the sensor before the cat that comes off the manifold. they said i have 2 o2 sensors and should change them both. would it be a good idea to do that or where they just trying to sale me a load of b.s to get me to spend some more money

you have three sensors, one on each manifold, and one after the cat. how many miles do you have on your car? cause if its fairly low, then i would say just replace the one but if you have high mileage, i would change both cause the other might go soon also
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

There may be another sensor before you cat. Depending on the year of your car ;)
      You have atleast 3, and no more then 4.
      00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

well he has a 2001 so its only three [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

thanks for the replies is there any way to find out which one of the two upper sensors it is
          i have already bought one of the sensors and dont have a problem changing the other if need be.

hell i might just change them all and get it over with plus change my fuel filter while they are under there

Comment

just go ahead and replace them all. and get a manual for later, it has a list of codes and it tell you what they are in the book. along with how to change also most everything on your car [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

thats what i will probaly do after i put a new starter on my car. it seems that everything starting to break down at the same time

Comment

thats how things work :(

Comment

nice pics on ya page.

i am torn between z06 vette rims or the tt 2's

Comment

The ones on the manifolds will tell you which one is not working right through the PCM code it throws. The one near the cat should also let you know if it is the one that needs to be changed. There is no guess work in this , just read the codes.
                    00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

thanks for the info.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                        New Owner!
                        by LETZRIDE
                        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                        4 days ago
                      • ssms5411
                        Little work today
                        by ssms5411
                        Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                        2 weeks ago
                      • LETZRIDE
                        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                        02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X