EGR tube to Header connection leak... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EGR tube to Header connection leak...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EGR tube to Header connection leak...

anyone have any good ideas to fix this problem? im going to weld it on but today i blew apart my my double gasket i made for it and im wanting to do something better to fix it until i weld it on. any ideas welcome. i was thinking of using jb weld this time on it if you guys dont have any betters ideas. [img]graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

PaceSetters? Mine was at some funky angle, no way I could even get the tube to connect. I just blocked it off with a brass plug from a hardware store.

Comment

well, i broke my original tube trying to get it on so i bought a new one and since it was new, it was more lfexible. plus the hole wasnt big enough so i cut the slack off the tube cause the hole is big then get smaller and the smaller hole was the one too small. so anyways, i cut the slack off and put it on. it was leaking so i got some gasket material and made two little gaskets for it and they lasted for a month or more. when i get my exhaust worked on, im going to have them weld the tube on if they can. im going to take the egr mount and tube off the block and try to take the header off with it attacked and if i can, it getting welded on for good and i'll just cut if off years from now when i dont need it and put a plate on it to cover it up. damn thing...

Comment

Just leave the EGR in place on its bracket, with the wires still hooked up to it. Leave the tube disconected from the Header. Block off the port on the header. It will solve all your problems. No more leaks and no more SES lights.

This is what I did to mine when I put the headers on this past spring. I just took the car in for Emissions this August, it passed with no problems at all.
        1997 Cayenne Red Metallic Camaro<br />3.8 V6 M5<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Ceramic Coated Pacesetter Headers <br />Flowmaster American Thunder Catback<br />Full 3.42 & Disc Break Rear End Swap

Comment

well i like to have it on there for cold winters. it helps with the warming up process especially in the winter

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
            New Owner!
            by LETZRIDE
            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
            4 days ago
          • ssms5411
            Little work today
            by ssms5411
            Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
            2 weeks ago
          • LETZRIDE
            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
            02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X