Help Me guys ON my exhaust issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Me guys ON my exhaust issue

Hey guys , i need some advise about what i should do for the best sound for my v6. I have a 2000 pewter six shooter. Just got out of high school. I wanna run the muffler that sits underneath the car instead in the back and then run turn downs from that. So i shorten my exhaust by like half. Muffler guys said it cant be done unless i wanan scrape the mufflers on every bump. So what should i do and what should i use?
    Read my liscenceplate Frame Corvettenet.com<br /><br />2000 Y87 Pewter A4<br />MODS:Tuned,3.73, SLP CAI, K&N offroad aircharger intake,Custom Plexi-glass Ram Air Box, Red Caliper ,Stage 2 Jet PCM, 3 inch Borla XR-1 Catback,ZR1 Rims Kuhmo 712s,MSD 8.5 SC wires

it's pretty much impossible. the rear axle takes up a lot of space.
    \'98 Camaro - SOLD<br />Best E/T: 15.489 @ 86.48 MPH<br />60\': 2.131<br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/skorpion317\" target=\"_blank\">members.cardomain.com/skorpion317 </a><br />1998 Saturn SL2<br />Official <a href=\"http://www.njdisturbance.com\" target=\"_blank\">NJ Disturbance</a> bracket racer

Comment

SO what should i do? Ive heard cars with mufflers closer to the engine and no pipes after and they sound bad ***
      Read my liscenceplate Frame Corvettenet.com<br /><br />2000 Y87 Pewter A4<br />MODS:Tuned,3.73, SLP CAI, K&N offroad aircharger intake,Custom Plexi-glass Ram Air Box, Red Caliper ,Stage 2 Jet PCM, 3 inch Borla XR-1 Catback,ZR1 Rims Kuhmo 712s,MSD 8.5 SC wires

Comment

you can do it but he is right, you will scrap it. no problem if you dont go over anything that will catch it. a speed bump wont, just hit it and push it up and scrap it
        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Let me see if I follow you... you want a bullet muffler mounted somewhere after the cat, but in front of the rear axle, and then have it dump at the outlet?

If you want a setup like that, it's not going to scrape anymore than a 3 inch pipe would, unless you are going over some really massive speed bumps.
          Matt<br />2000 Firebird<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/index.php?\" target=\"_blank\">FullThrottleV6.com</a>

Comment

he didnt say anything about what muffler so if he does but a regular muffler on there like a flow, it will scrap. now HAZ-Matt is right, the best thing is to get a bullet muffler cause it will fit up in the exhaust lane and you can dump it right there before the axle or whereveer you want. and you wont have to worry about bumps

Comment

Originally posted by IfYouDoFeelComfortable:
              SO what should i do? Ive heard cars with mufflers closer to the engine and no pipes after and they sound bad ***
              the only question i have about your comment is what cars did you hear? cause your right, a v8 sounds badass dumped but your six isnt going to sound like a v8 dumped

Comment

Any bullet muffle where your I-pipe is and have it dump before the rear axle. Problem solved.

btw: You don't have mufflerS. Only 1 amigo.
                00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

There is a guy right here in Phoenix that has done numerous exhausts on f-bodies that dump in front of the axle. Most of these are V8 cars and they used the Borla XL1 muffler. This guy easily gets them tucked up nicely without any clearance problems. Not sure how this would sound on a V6 though.. probably really raspy. Anyway, yes it can be done as long as you are using a low profile or bullet muffler.

[ September 06, 2004, 04:37 AM: Message edited by: FlyBoy9994 ]
                  RD in AZ<br />2001 V6 Camaro, A4, Mystic Teal<br /><a href=\"http://www.azfba.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.azfba.com</a><br /><br />Mods so far:<br /><br />Brand new wiper blades... Hah!!<br />T/A Diff Cover and Stud Kit<br />\"Dremel\" modified factory lid with K&N filter

Comment

It will sound like a biplane, just like the Loudmouth does.
                    Matt<br />2000 Firebird<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/index.php?\" target=\"_blank\">FullThrottleV6.com</a>

Comment

Easy, Take the Rumbler or other high-flow kit which has a bulet in the I-pipe. Then instead of using the over the axle pipe, dump it with the parts you can find at ANY parts store. To hang the rear section, get some universal type hanger from that same parts store, and either drill a hole and bolt it up, or have it welded.

Even with 3" pipes and a bullet muffler in there, you should not have any problems with ground clearance. If your exhaust guy is saying otherwise, he's a boob and doesn't need to be touching your car!
                      <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

yeah guys i solved my prob. I CHeaped out and bought a used 40 series delta flow flowmaster. got it for 30 bucks and i spray painted it with engine paint flat black. I got it installed where the stock muffler was and go 2 turn downs on the one side, installed 30 bucks. It sounds really low and rumbles. People stare and dont beleive me that its a 6 cyl.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X