!Free Mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !Free Mods?

I did a search, and I found this link. I pulled a few ideas out of that... such as :
    • Free Ram Air
    • Remove the MAF Screen
    However, are there anymore? And can someone elaborate on how-to's, things I'll need, or provide a link....
    I found one Free mod Site....anything else?
    T.I.A.

~ The Sandman
    <b>« Red <i><a href=\"http://sandman.v8tec.com\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird</a></i> »</b>

raised sir box. Just put 3-6 washers between the box and the metal on the car. better throttle response w/ stock hood and a few hp with ram air hood.
    2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />T-Tops, 3.42 rear gear stock<br />Mods:K&N Air Filter,Whisper Air Induction Lid, maf screen removed, raised air box, Kumho Ecsta 712 255-50-ZR16 tires, BMR stb<br />Mods not installed yet: FTRA, SLP Lsd/Differential cover<br />Near Future Mods: HPP3, GMMG 3\" Exhaust , 1LE Swaybars, Transgo Shift Kit, MSD-DIS-4 w/ Accel Coil-Packs, Turquoise Blue Neon Underbody Kit, BMR Adj. LCA\'s, G2 Sfc\'s & V-braces, Pacesetter headers

Comment

I actually have a much improved version of that raised air box mod, Im selling small kits for it on ebay for cheap - want one?
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1817784685

!MAF, raised air box are about the only worthwhile free mods. THe Free Ram air is pretty pointless I feel after trying it on my firebird and comparing it with my new camaro.
      2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
      Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

You can't raise your air box, you don't have a 98+ year car. And removing the MAF screen is also a bad idea for pre-98 cars.
        Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by FirebirdGT:
          You can't raise your air box, you don't have a 98+ year car. And removing the MAF screen is also a bad idea for pre-98 cars.<hr></blockquote>

Yep. Well said.
          Any new ideas?
          <b>« Red <i><a href=\"http://sandman.v8tec.com\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird</a></i> »</b>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by FirebirdGT:
            And removing the MAF screen is also a bad idea for pre-98 cars.<hr></blockquote>

Say a pre-98 v6 fbody is going to spray...doesnt the MAF screen need to be removed anyway???

call my crazy but i coulda sworn it would need to be removed if n20 was going to be in use.

plus i see NO DIFFERENCE since i removed mine.

[ April 01, 2002: Message edited by: black97cam ]</p>

Comment

So raising the air box works even if you have the SLP CAI already on the car?
              2001 Pewter Camaro<br />Mods: \"Just intake and exhaust\"

Comment

goodonestu.. how did that slp cai work for ya'... any difference?
                2002 Silver Metallic A4 Firebird - All Options
                Hotchkis STB, Custom Madrel Bent 3" Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Whisper Lid, FT Ram Air, K&N Air Filter, D2S HID, Baer Rotors, !EGR, !MAF, 10% tint, Parrot CK3300

Your Mom or My Dad?

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Skapimp:
                  goodonestu.. how did that slp cai work for ya'... any difference?<hr></blockquote>

I'm very happy with it, it definately made my car quicker. I also have the whisper lid to go with it. They make a really sweet combination. It's definately worth it.

[ April 02, 2002: Message edited by: GoodOneStu ]</p>
                  2001 Pewter Camaro<br />Mods: \"Just intake and exhaust\"

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by GoodOneStu:
                    So raising the air box works even if you have the SLP CAI already on the car?<hr></blockquote>

Raising your airbox on a car already equipped with SLP CAI may increase the velocity of the air coming in. I'm basing this off of one of the benefits of a throttle body spacer. If you did this though, you would have to get something to seal the spaces around your airbox created when raising it. Yes, in order for underhood CAI to be effective the front (and possibly the sides if it's raised) of the airbox must be sealed.
                    <b>1998 Firebird 3800 Series II, A4</b><br />Direct-Flo Lid,K&N Filter,DEE TB Spacer,TPS-TEC,ZZP Mini-AFC,Raised and Cutout Airbox 7mm,BMR STB & Boxed LCAs,KYB AGX Shocks,Drilled/Slotted Rotors,180* Thermo,2.5\" Catco Cat,Dynomax 2.75\" custom catback,Kumho Ecstas/245,Jet Stage 2,3.42,Edge Racing 2870 Stall,B&M Tranny Cooler,B&M Deep Tranny Pan,LSD,AAM Girdle,1LE DS,NX Wet Kit,MSD DIS-4,MSD Blaster Coil Packs,Taylor Spiro Pro 8mm Wires,NGK TR6\'S gapped .045,ZZP UD WP Pulley,SLP Fan Switch,TT II\'s<br />N/A: 15.6342 @ 88.44 (On stock converter. Strugglin\' to beat it.)<br />Nitrous 50 Shot: 14.7463 @ 93.49

Comment

So um, what about free mods?

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by TheCardinal:
                        I actually have a much improved version of that raised air box mod, Im selling small kits for it on ebay for cheap - want one?
                        http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1817784685

!MAF, raised air box are about the only worthwhile free mods. THe Free Ram air is pretty pointless I feel after trying it on my firebird and comparing it with my new camaro.
                        <hr></blockquote>

I knew it was u!
                        2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

you can do free ram air. It helps at higher speeds. Plus you'll hear a SLIGHTLY deeper rumble over 4,200RPMs. And at high speeds (over 75) the car will accelerate a LITTLE quicker. Read my kill of the firebird in kills section to see how it helped me on high end

Comment

So how do I do that?

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by The Sandman:
                              So how do I do that?<hr></blockquote>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X