Custom Intake for 95-97s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Intake for 95-97s

I just got done making a really cheap intake for my 97, I will have pictures soon, Its 3 inches all the way through, no restirctive bends, The cone filter is right where the old filter box was. Let me just say that the key is a part I took from my brothers 89 Cavalier Z24. Its a flexible rubber tube that runs to the stock filter. Its 3 inch in and out, I just bought a 45 degree pvc corner, some 3 in exhaust tubing and some pvc rubber connectors. No cutting of parts, etc. I am trying to get the part numbers from that piece of rubber from the cav. But nobody seems to know. Let me know if your interested in making one also, If enough people are, I'll make up a schematic. Car runs way better now. You can hear the thing sucking like a 2 dollar, well, you get it.
    1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
    1997 Dodge Viper GTS

a 2 dollar eureka? lol

Comment

Hmm 219 bucks for SLP or save some cash and do it with everyday stuff....hmmm decisions decisions...

I'm intrested! [img]smile.gif[/img]
      <a href=\"http://alternatebw.homestead.com/files/cam19.JPG\" target=\"_blank\">1996 Camaro 3800II Y87 A4</a> (SOLD)<p>NEW CAR:<br />2003 Ford Mustang

Comment

E-mail me, and when I get it drawn up, I'll forward you a copy.
        1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

My car is running better and better every day. (I had to reset the CPU cause i forgot to plug in the IAT sensor.) The intake woke it up big time. (coupled with the exhaust). Much more fun to drive.
          1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

hey AZ3.8Camaro , does it work for a '96 firebird auto with y87? [img]smile.gif[/img] if so email me! lostatlantis@hotmail.com
            \'96 dark green V6 Firebird<br />Y87 Performance package<br />front license plate with silver firebird insignia<br />alpine CD deck<br />T-top<br />Tinted windows @ 27%<br />low mileage (just broke 45000 not long ago!)<br /><br />waiting for first performance mod :)

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> hey AZ3.8Camaro , does it work for a '96 firebird auto with y87? <hr></blockquote>

Yeah it will. If you have an angled throttle body, it will.
              1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X