MAF and O2 issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAF and O2 issues

Hey, I'm still uncovering what the best course of action is and help would be great. It's a 96 m5 Camaro.

I've isolated the problems to "MAF sensor circuit low frequency" (code 102) and "O2 sensor slow response bank 1 sensor 1" (code 133)

The Autozone and Pepboys by me don't stock the MAF sensor (dealer item I guess) and the dealership wants over $200 for it. Also, I am nervous because he asked me if it had 2 screws or 3 screws holding it on... mine has 2... don't all of them have 2? If he special orders it and it is not the right one I am going to have to pay extra to get it squared away, I'm sure. I know it is not a lot of money, but I don't want to be throwing my money away. Is there anything else that might cause these errors besides the sensors?

Well... I can pick up an O2 sensor and start with that. Bank one is "left"... does that mean passanger side? I don't know where it is exactly, but I will pick up the tool and change it today if someone can point me in the right direction... pictures would be great, but a good description should work just fine too. Then I will just have to worry about the MAF and (hopefully) my SES will go out for a long long time. [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]

Thanks for any help you can offer.

I picked up the sensor and I still can't find it.

I'd like to get it in today if anyone can help, please reply!

thanks

Comment

Just follow your exhaust manifold up to the end and they are located right under where the exhaust comes out of the block(side facing the block). You cant miss them. it's best if you can lift the car up a little so you can get good enough light up there. Hope this helps if you need any more help just mail me.

JR
      1996 Camaro 3.8<br />Edelbrock Exhaust, SLP Intake, Bosch, Platinum +4 Plugs, Accel Wires, SLP fan switch<p>\"Let the good times roll\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X