No announcement yet.

Other materials for intake tubing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this isn't the same tubing.. someone posted a link sometime ago.. it was a turbo site and they had all kinds of tubing, various diameters, bend angles and such.. I can't find it right off by maybe with a TTT someone will recognize what I'm talking about.. they specialized in hoses for turbos.. also you could check with a Diesel dealership (peterbilt,freightliner.. etc) and talk to a parts guy about silicone turbo hose.. that would be my next route..
    -Brad
    98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
    2000 V-Star Custom 1100
    If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
    :rock:

Comment

Does anyone know of a good source for the silicon turbo couplings/rubber hose? I am going to be needing some soon. Haven't had the energy to cruise around the rice sites.

DEE
      1997 GTP(13.3@104)-Sold<br />1999 Trans Am M6

Comment

I made one witout dryer hose. I think that would look like crap. I got the smallest 3in to 3 in rubber pvc coupler, a very sharp turning 45 degree angle elbow, and a peice of rubber hose from am 89 cavalier z-24, the a 3in peice of exhaust tubing about 4 inches long (goes between radiator and brake lines) and a cone filter. It takes in air from where the old air box was. With just a little work, it could suck air from underneath (below where the box was). The whole key is the peice from the 89 z-24. I am making up an install guide with pictures if anybody else wants a copy, e-mail me. Every that sees it thinks its a professional deal.
        1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
        1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by AZ3.8Camaro:
          [QB]I got the smallest 3in to 3 in rubber pvc coupler, a very sharp turning 45 degree angle elbow, and a peice of rubber hose from am 89 cavalier z-24, the a 3in peice of exhaust tubing about 4 inches long (goes between radiator and brake lines) and a cone filter. It takes in air from where the old air box was.QB]<hr></blockquote>

I'd like to see this. Although I'd like to keep the top mounted air box and lid that comes on the '98, and the 4" inlet. But everything I see gives me ideas...
          \'98 A4 Camaro v6-&gt;v8 conversion, and STS kit next<br />v6: 13.6 Powerdyne, 13.2 150 shot, 13.8 120 shot, 14.3 85 shot, 15.7 stock<br />v8(na): 12.18@113, 392rwhp<br />Moderator on <a href=\"http://www.mtfba.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.mtfba.org</a> and <a href=\"http://www.frrax.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.frrax.com</a> (Road Race & Autocross)<br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/johnduncan10\" target=\"_blank\">Car pics</a>, <a href=\"http://www.trscca.com\" target=\"_blank\">TN Region SCCA</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
            New Owner!
            by LETZRIDE
            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
            5 days ago
          • ssms5411
            Little work today
            by ssms5411
            Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
            3 weeks ago
          • LETZRIDE
            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
            02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X