This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flaming exhaust trick

Im not some moron who knows nothing about cars, I just wanted to mention something I heard a few years back. My friend went to a car show a while back and saw an old Chevelle SS blowing 4ft flames out the exhaust. He spoke to the guy and told me that you just drill a hole in your exhaust tip(s) and secure a spark plug's sparking end into the hole. Then wire a 12v switch to the plug, hit the gas, then the switch at WOT. I haven't thought of this in years b/c I thought it was TOTAL B/S!!!!!, but I just wanted to see what you guys think………supposedly the plug ignites unburned crap in the exhaust.
    1999 White Ford SVT Lightning.<br /><br />Hoping to dyno @ 450hp/550tq by the end of \'04.

That is exactly what happens. I've seen it on older cars in shows too.
    2000 GTP<br />Thrasher CAI, 3.4\" pulley, DHP PCM<br />Member RedLineVSix<br />Best ET-14.02<br />Best Trap-97.15

Comment

they now make kits to do that very thing. has everything you need. some are even designed to dump extra fuel into the exhaust to make this happen. in the old days you would install the spark plug but to get the flames you have to flood the motor to make nice flames. It involves a little more than just putting in the spark plug but that is the jest of it. Alot of guys with old 50's and 60's street rods do this.
      -Brad
      98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
      2000 V-Star Custom 1100
      If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
      :rock:

Comment

wow, i should have tried that with my old 82 peice of **** mustang before my mom gave it away.
        1999 White Ford SVT Lightning.<br /><br />Hoping to dyno @ 450hp/550tq by the end of \'04.

Comment

The older cars do that because they are so inefficient... dumping fuel into the exhaust nowadays would have the same effect, I think. ;)
          www.RedLineVSix.com || 1996 Camaro, 15.159@92.5mph

Comment

my friend in the military told me about a guy in N.C. who has something similar to that, except he has flames coming out the front "nostrils". just has a little switch he can press and voila. i sure hope he has some high-temp paint on the front clip, lol. :eek: :rolleyes:

Comment

Yeah i read where a kid showed his shop teacher this trick with his old car, he flooded it and hit the switch well much to their surprise he shot gas all over the brick wall of the school when he flooded it and had a nice fire show to enjoy lol

Comment

The older cars could do it...just flood the engine, crank her up, hit the switch, and flame's ahoy! Another trick I've heard is to use windshield washer pump motors to spray fuel across the back of the tips and ignite them with a spark plug. Not sure this is very safe though. Hope you have insurance!
                Big cam. Big stall. Big nuts.<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.streetlethal.net/vids2/joenastycam.MPG\" target=\"_blank\">Idle/Rev Clip.</a>

Comment

Did any of you see that movie with Nickolous Cage and Angelina Jolie, Gone In 60 Seconds? There was a bad a$$ ride in that movie with flames coming out of the back. I've been wondering how to do that for such a long time. I talked to my friend who's an automotive engineer and he said that there are kits but he didn't know who sold them.

So where are these kits sold at. That's sure as he!! something that I would consider doing. Imagine the attraction that would get. Also, it could be used as a weapon, of course there would probably be consiquences if the person wrote down your license plate number but it's a fun idea to think about. You get in front of a musty stank or a ricearony car and putting on the flames. Laugh all the way home as his car is scorched black and perhaps melting, maybe even on fire. That would be something I would pay to see done to an import or musty stank.

[ January 09, 2002: Message edited by: ItalianStallion1 ]</p>
                  1 of a kind<p>Red 97 Camaro<p>Modifications: <br />SLP CAI, RK Sport Headers, Car Sound High Flow Cat, 3\" piping<br />3\" Steel driveshaft, SFC\'s, Panhard Rod, MAC Torque Arm<br />Manual Fan Switch<p>Best E/T:<p>60\' 2.152<br />330 6.271<br />1/8th 9.704<br />MPH 71.93

Comment

stallion if thats what you think you can do to someone simply because they have a different kind of car than you do then you need a bullet between the eyes after you do it. Id pay to see someone getting their *** kicked for thinking they can damage others property

Comment

It would be funnier to see him go to jail.
                      2001 Onyx Black Camaro M5-Totalled<br />2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L<br /><br />\"To make peace, prepare for war.\"

Comment

stallion, not funny

fire = dangerous

I believe that flames coming out of the exhaust is quite illegal too [img]smile.gif[/img] . Good for car shows though.
                        2001 75th Anniversary V6 Pewter Firebird w/ Chrome Wheels, T-Tops, & Y87<br />Mods: Free Ram Air, !Silencer, Holley Filter, Full 3\" Hooker Catback, 3\" Cat<br />Best time: 15.095 at 90.00 MPH with a 2.127 60\'

Comment

strobhen what is a 75 anniversary package? There is no such thing.. 30th and 35th maybe but what are you talking about?

Comment

You all are morans, what kind of idiots are you? It was a joke, remember that I said it was a fun idea to think about, and it was ment for those ricers and such that I see weaving in and out of cars on the freeway, smashing through the parking lots in schools all over the country. You know who I am talking about. I remember one time this ricer almost hit my car in the parking lot at my college, he was just rolling through the parking lot not paying attention, he didn't stop as he was coming out of an aisle and was turning right towards me. It was good thing I was going slow or he would have hit my car. I have a bad temper and got out of the car and socked his b!tch a$$. See, I grew up with gangsters and having the bad temper I have and the way I grew up I have a hard sence of humor.

It seems everyone wants a reason to undermind someone. I have had many chances to undermind someone but haven't took those chances because it was negative and sometimes people make comments that people shouldn't comment on. I once read a post about this same thing, the flames smoking an other car, I forgot where it was but no one said anything about it. It was fine, but no, you pansies have to say something. I know if it was reality and not a computer screen you wouldn't be saying sh!t. When did everyone become such angels anyway? It seems sence some of you are just kids and your ideas of things aren't developed that your simple minds interprit things in a bad way. If someone disrespects you, you defend yourself. For most they can't do anything but take it in the butt, I'm not one of those guys, though, of course I don't act out every little thing I want to do.

I don't know if you all have read any of my posts but I always speak in a positive manner. My post wasn't ment towards anyone so why speak about it?
                            I am a man and I know the consequences for my actions, leave it at that.
                            1 of a kind<p>Red 97 Camaro<p>Modifications: <br />SLP CAI, RK Sport Headers, Car Sound High Flow Cat, 3\" piping<br />3\" Steel driveshaft, SFC\'s, Panhard Rod, MAC Torque Arm<br />Manual Fan Switch<p>Best E/T:<p>60\' 2.152<br />330 6.271<br />1/8th 9.704<br />MPH 71.93

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by knowledgefreak:
                              stallion if thats what you think you can do to someone simply because they have a different kind of car than you do then you need a bullet between the eyes after you do it. Id pay to see someone getting their *** kicked for thinking they can damage others property<hr></blockquote>

Hmmm and what a great and mature response to his post! :rolleyes:

It says a lot about you.

Just because you've never heard of it doesnt mean that it doesnt exist. I believe what he has is Pontiac's 75th anniversary package which was some decals/emblems and some parts parts that are normally optional (or something of that sort).

[ January 10, 2002: Message edited by: Trans Am WS6 RGS ]</p>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X