Where to get the Direct-Flow lid???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get the Direct-Flow lid???

I thought that these are for the V8 only. I saw that some of you guys have it, so i guess its made for the V6es too. Can anyone please tell me where to get it???

Thanx
    2002 Red M6 T/A<p>Heads, cam, blah blah...<br />427 rwhp and 401 rwtq - For now

It is V8 only, some people use a piece of dryer hose to compensate for the bend.

Comment

I have the direct-flo lid and it will fit. But the air inlet hose (that you have to buy. Autozone 4")will curve slightly to the right about 45 degrees. This is if you have a 98 model. The throttle body inlet after 98 is more straight, so you should have less of a problem. Got the lid from http://www.ls1motorsports.com. Better construction than the whisper lid, and probably cheaper (109 bucks right now). Make sure you go ahead and pay the extra 20 bucks to have the IAT sensor already installed. Save some hassle.
      <b>1998 Firebird 3800 Series II, A4</b><br />Direct-Flo Lid,K&N Filter,DEE TB Spacer,TPS-TEC,ZZP Mini-AFC,Raised and Cutout Airbox 7mm,BMR STB & Boxed LCAs,KYB AGX Shocks,Drilled/Slotted Rotors,180* Thermo,2.5\" Catco Cat,Dynomax 2.75\" custom catback,Kumho Ecstas/245,Jet Stage 2,3.42,Edge Racing 2870 Stall,B&M Tranny Cooler,B&M Deep Tranny Pan,LSD,AAM Girdle,1LE DS,NX Wet Kit,MSD DIS-4,MSD Blaster Coil Packs,Taylor Spiro Pro 8mm Wires,NGK TR6\'S gapped .045,ZZP UD WP Pulley,SLP Fan Switch,TT II\'s<br />N/A: 15.6342 @ 88.44 (On stock converter. Strugglin\' to beat it.)<br />Nitrous 50 Shot: 14.7463 @ 93.49

Comment

SO, what if i have the 01 model, whats the diff between the 98, and 99-up intakes/lids.
        2002 Red M6 T/A<p>Heads, cam, blah blah...<br />427 rwhp and 401 rwtq - For now

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by CrazyBosnian:
          SO, what if i have the 01 model, whats the diff between the 98, and 99-up intakes/lids.<hr></blockquote>

Well, that I couldn't tell ya. The size of the airbox hasn't changed though. If you decide to order one, just get the one for the year of your car, although it's for the V8. It even comes when the filter for the air pump if that is applicable.
          <b>1998 Firebird 3800 Series II, A4</b><br />Direct-Flo Lid,K&N Filter,DEE TB Spacer,TPS-TEC,ZZP Mini-AFC,Raised and Cutout Airbox 7mm,BMR STB & Boxed LCAs,KYB AGX Shocks,Drilled/Slotted Rotors,180* Thermo,2.5\" Catco Cat,Dynomax 2.75\" custom catback,Kumho Ecstas/245,Jet Stage 2,3.42,Edge Racing 2870 Stall,B&M Tranny Cooler,B&M Deep Tranny Pan,LSD,AAM Girdle,1LE DS,NX Wet Kit,MSD DIS-4,MSD Blaster Coil Packs,Taylor Spiro Pro 8mm Wires,NGK TR6\'S gapped .045,ZZP UD WP Pulley,SLP Fan Switch,TT II\'s<br />N/A: 15.6342 @ 88.44 (On stock converter. Strugglin\' to beat it.)<br />Nitrous 50 Shot: 14.7463 @ 93.49

Comment

If you want a lid without all that hassle just get a used whisper. But if you want a clear one then do what those guys were saying. They are cheaper too, at least new.

Scott

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X