Question about SLP CAI for 3.4L.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about SLP CAI for 3.4L.

Ok. Here's the deal. I have a 94 3.4L V6 Camaro. I'm looking at getting a CAI kit. I thought I wanted the K&N kit but then I started looking around and saw the SLP kit. It simply looks like a better made piece of equipment. The only problem is the only one anyone carries is for 3.8's. I havn't been able to find any mention of one for a 3.4 anywhere even on slp's web site.

Now my question(s) is does anybody know if SLP makes one for 3.4's? Have I just been looking in the wrong place? If they do make it doesn anybody know where I can get one at a decent price? If they don't make it does anybody know if one for a 3.8 could be retrofitted to work on a 3.4?

Any help is appreciated.

the SLP CAI for the 93 V8's will fit on the 3.4L V6.

Comment

Cool. Thanks a lot.

Is there anything special that needs to be done to get it to fit?

[ January 11, 2002: Message edited by: nova ]</p>

Comment

Ive heard that you have to get the 1LE 90 degree elbow joint to make it fit. SLP sells it on their website for like 90 bucks or something. If youre willing to spend the money, that would be the best fit.
        1994 3.4L 5-speed V6<br />flowmaster 80 series<br />Jet Chip Stage II<br />160 Degree Thermostat<br />free ram air mod<p><br />DO NOT PATRONIZE COORPORATE GREED!!!!!!!

Comment

Well thats a little out of my price range. I have rather limited funds right now. Guess I'll have to go with something else.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by nova:
            Is there anything special that needs to be done to get it to fit?<hr></blockquote>

no. you don't need anything else. it will bolt on directly.

Comment

Yeah the stock elbow will fit fine.

[ January 12, 2002: Message edited by: Liquid Silver ]</p>
              <b>Sean: 1994 Camaro daily driver</b>

Comment

Ok. Everybody is positive that the stock elbow will allow me to use the Kit made for the 93 V8?

I just don't want to order the thing and then have to send it back because I can't get it to fit.

***Edit***

I just looked at my stock elbow and it looks way to long to allow for the SLP kit. Does anybody have any dimensions on the thing so I do some measurements?

[ January 12, 2002: Message edited by: nova ]</p>

Comment

You want part number 21012. I'm buying it very shortly for my car also. I am also going to buy the Jet IAT sensor relocator and put the IAT sensor right in between the two SLP filters ;)
                  <b>Sean: 1994 Camaro daily driver</b>

Comment

Well, I asked the same question in an email to Tbyrne Motorsports at Tbyrne.com. This is what they told me:
                    "Hi Bob,
                    It's been awhile since I've heard someone talking about this (we haven't
                    done it here). If the K+N FIPK will fit on the 3.4 either the 21012 or
                    21013 SLP system should fit (the 21012 is designed for the '93 LT1 and is a
                    little longer because that car doesn't have a MAF sensor). One of these
                    might work, but we can't say for sure (haven't done one here).

David"

I've heard of a few people who have used this kit, and NO 1LE 90 degree elbow is needed. The 1LE elbow was actually made to convert the K+N FIPK to fit the 3.8

The only reason it is needed to install the FIPK on the 3.8 is because of the same reason the 93 LT1 SLP kit fits the 3.4. It's a little longer. Your elbow is fine.

If you have the $$ for the SLP CAI go for it.
                    [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
                    Teal 94 Camaro 3.4 Liter<br />Transgo stage 3 shiftkit, Shift module, corvette servo, SLP cold air induction,3.42 ring and pinion, Heavy Duty Posi LSD, Flowmaster exhaust, NX, blackouts

Comment

Ok. Thanks for all the help guys. Its much appreciated. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X