B&B Exhaust Owners Step Inside Please - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B&B Exhaust Owners Step Inside Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B&B Exhaust Owners Step Inside Please

i know that this exhaust has dyno sheets to back up it's performance, and i've heard a sound clip of it from inside the car, and i like the low-down grumble of it. i have a few quick questions, PLEASe GO INTO AS MUCH DETAIL AS POSSIBLE WHEN ANSWERING!! how big is the system (inlet/outlet sizes)? do you think it has a big bang for the buck value? how does this system (i beleive it's a 3 inch) work on a naturally aspirated car with only an intake and ram air kit? i want to upgrade to a cam and forced induction in the future, so i want a system that can flow a lot of air, but i also want to keep my down low torque when running from stoplight to stop light, and on highway rolls. by opening up the exhaust i know i will be happy with better top end performance, but i don't want to lag off the starting line. those that went to the track can you give me an estimate of your drop in 1/4 mile times? and last, but most important, how does the seat of the pants "dyno" feel? whehn you lay into that throttle, is it a big difference over stock? do you feel the performance gain? this was always my first choice for an exhaust until i spent all my money lol, but now I'm high rollin' again, and i want to get the exhaust done right THE FIRST TIME! thanks a lot guys,
    peace,
    Shawn
    V-SEX!<br /><br />intake/exhaust ;)<br />plenty appearence<br /><br />Within my grasp: 14\'s :)

i don't have all the info you wanted...
    but i had it on my 96 camaro and it was AWESOME!! It seemed like it added so much power to the car.... good luck
    <b>*§*Julian*§*</b><br />*~*~*~<br />2000 Grand Prix GTP -Daytona 500 Edition (only 2000 made) - Supercharged 3.8L V6<br /><br />1998 3.8L V6 A4 Firebird w/ W68 package, Y87, T-TOPS!<br /><br /><a href=\"http://myweb.usf.edu/~jadidona/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">MY SITE - CHECK IT!</a>

Comment

I love my B&B. It sounds awesome and has a SOP feel too. I only spent $500 and it was brand new.
      <a href=\"http://www.onid.orst.edu/~waltejam/\" target=\"_blank\">98 Bright Red Camaro</a><br />Too many mods to list....check my website

Comment

i believe B&B is a 2.5" system. i'm pretty certain.
        \'96 <b>Quasar Blue</b> Firebird A4<br /><a href=\"http://jamiethekiller@comcast.net\" target=\"_blank\"><i>jamiethekiller@comcast.net</i></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.woodlandrock.com\" target=\"_blank\">my band: woodland</a>

Comment

2.5", No, Very Well, .5s, yes, yes, you're welcome.
          2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
          Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

thanks guys, so, since it is a 2.5 inch system, would you say that it's too small to add forced induction/cam in the future? like i said i want to try and get the exhaust right the first time, and if I'm going to spend 500-600 dollars on this, i want iit to work with my future plans, otherwise I'll stick with the 3" flowmaster.
            V-SEX!<br /><br />intake/exhaust ;)<br />plenty appearence<br /><br />Within my grasp: 14\'s :)

Comment

The V8 triflo is 3"..
              Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
              Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Comment

I know they make it for the v-8 in 3" but i dont think that will just hook right up to my stock cat...or flow as well with only intake mods...??

Comment

ive got a 2.5" for sale- for 475 (was 650 new) getting it 3" would be really easy, but on a mild/stock v6 it doesnt really need it....
                  PS IT SOUNDS AMAZING, and i ran around 14.8s all day w/just I/E and Y87 stuff

[ July 20, 2003: Message edited by: Tri-Flo 99 ]</p>
                  98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited<br /><br /><br />MODS:<br />180* t-stat, K&N FIPK, mopar ECU,<br />mike leach long tube headers+3\" y-pipe, 3\" all the way out flowmaster 50 series, mopar magnum 2bbl m1 intake manifold, APS 52mm throttle body, powerslots, 2 JL 10w3\'s

Comment

As I wrote in the email, I don't think 2.5" too small because James had it on his old Edelbrock, didn't he?

I love the sound, esp at idle and down low. But up top it still sounds a little ricey, like most of the exhaust for our cars will.

As I also mentioned, this will be my last exhaust for this car.

[old topic I know [img]tongue.gif[/img] but my ISP doesn't always let me through to this message board :mad: ]
                    1998 3.8 Camaro A4, <br />B&B Triflow CatBack,Whisper Lid, <br />1987 s10 Blazer 350 V8 shift kit,

Comment

Ive got the 2.5 b&b and I also have the powerdyne. I have no problems with the system. I think it sounds really good and I (beleave) that the 2.5 is more than enough. But if I did it over again I would go with a 3 inch. Always buy everything like your settin your car up to be the altamate ride. Dont set it up to be good for what you have at that time. That was my mistake. I had no idea my wife was actualy gonna one day let me spend over 2 g's for a supercharger. So I got the 2.5 figering Id always be N/A.
                      Powerdyne 98 a4 convert<br /><br /> stock 16.6 @ 86 <br /> <br /> 6 lbs boost 15.1 @ 90 <br /> <br /> 04 A4 2.73 geared white Corvette Coupe<br /> <br /> stock- 13.5 @ 103 <br /><br />LS6 conversion-13.1 @ 107 <br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/greenglow98\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/greenglow98</a> ( pics of intercooled powerdyne)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                        New Owner!
                        by LETZRIDE
                        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                        4 days ago
                      • ssms5411
                        Little work today
                        by ssms5411
                        Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                        2 weeks ago
                      • LETZRIDE
                        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                        02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X