Anyone put a V8 Air Lid on a V6? Will that work? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone put a V8 Air Lid on a V6? Will that work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone put a V8 Air Lid on a V6? Will that work?

Were there any modifications that you had to do to get it to fit? Any parts you had to buy to get it to fit? Did it work out OK after you got it installed?

Thanks for the help!

i really dont think that it would work because on the LS1 cars on the lid the part that leads to the throttle body is in the center of the lid and on a v6 it is slightly off to the right..i really dont know how you would make it fit but im sure anythiung is possible...

PS if you DO get it to fit..tell us about it cause id love to make an MTI clear lid fit on my car......

Jeff W

Comment

We have a decent amount of space between our tb & lid. So you could probably get it to fit with some flexible aluminum air duct from home depot.

Not much point unless if you want clear though, our air boxes & theirs are the *exact* same size. Just different outlet positions.
      2001 75th Anniversary V6 Pewter Firebird w/ Chrome Wheels, T-Tops, & Y87<br />Mods: Free Ram Air, !Silencer, Holley Filter, Full 3\" Hooker Catback, 3\" Cat<br />Best time: 15.095 at 90.00 MPH with a 2.127 60\'

Comment

As strobhen said you could get some hose to run from the lid to the tb but in my opinion wouldnt it almost defeat the purpose of the aftermarket lid because the air couldnt flow straight through and you would loose probally all the gain the lid gave you. Just my .02

Gerry
        <b>2001 Black Trans AM M6</b> <br />!Hood baffles,!CAGS,Mufflex Cat-bypass pipes,Borla y-pipe,TSP Rumbler cat-back,LGM lid,G2 springs,BMR SFC\'s,BMR STB,LGM billet pedals,Lou\'s short stick,Custom FRC\'s,Custom hood and side vents,Polished 18x9.5 Z06 wheels

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X