Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loudmouth has finally arrived!

[Also posted in Lounge/CamaroZ28.com's V6 Tech]

Just got done inspecting the contents of the package it came in! After all the wait, it's finally arrived!

Install is Friday.

Immediately thereafter I'm taking pictures, videos, and sound clips for anyone interested. I'm also doing a write-up on the install process, and thoughts on the exhaust as time goes on.

This is the SLP Loudmouth with the single cat LT1 install kit.

More to come SHORTLY!

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

R

AWESOME! Let me know how it sounds!

You have any weight #'s on it?

I could see the B&B Tri-Flo coming off and being replaced by a lighter loudmouth exhaust.
    Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

I'd LOVE to hear a Loudmouth clip on a V6. Some say that Loudmouths are more of a straight pipe than a muffler [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
      --<b>David</b>--<br /><a href=\"http://bryant2.bryant.edu/~dsantore/index.htm\" target=\"_blank\">The <b>NEW</b> V6Bird Website!</a> <br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/thev6bird\" target=\"_blank\">Cardomain site</a><br />ΔX

Comment

Magnus,

I know the Loudmouth with packaging, install kit, pipes, etc. was total 43 lbs. The packing (and there was a ton) probably accounted for for 3 pounds by itself.

The Loudmouth IS a straight pipe, basically. It only has this 3.5-" diameter "resonator" in the middle of part of the intermediate pipe. You can take almost ANY part of the exhaust system and look STRAIGHT through it -- especially the straight part with the resonator attached.

Want uninstalled pictures, too, anyone?

I CAN'T WAIT TO START MAKING SOME GOD-AWFUL, NEIGHBOR-WAKING, CHILD SCARING NOISE!!!!

:D

MWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

BTW, Magnus, you know the stock system's weight with muffler? I've lifted my muffler and tips once when I had a Borla system put on/taken off...it seemed heavier than the entire Loudmouth with packaging...

R [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]

Comment

I would like to see pictures of the inside of the resonator pipe.

Lol.. when you start making too much noise its hard to sneak in at night. I idle down the street and then try to gather up some momentum to get up the driveway without using the gas.

I have no idea what the stock system weights, its been so long.. My Tri-Flo muffler and tips has to weigh 50 pounds or so. :(
          Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Rich97 W68:

The Loudmouth IS a straight pipe, basically. It only has this 3.5-" diameter "resonator" in the middle of part of the intermediate pipe.
            <hr></blockquote>

Um Its been almost two years since I purchased my LM cat back but I believe the "resonator' is still 4inch diameter while the rest of the I-pipe is 3inch and then the end y-pipe is 2.5 inch.

Well let us know how it sounds. I always get asked how I think it will sound on a V6.

Comment

Hey Rich97 W68. I remember you posting that the single-cat install kit for the loudmouth (pn 30045) at tbyrne included a mandrel 3" s-pipe I think. Is that the case? Could I order that as a replacement for the stock 2.25" s-pipe on my 2000? Thanks for the help.
              Bruce<br />2000 Silver 3.8L V6 Camaro M5<br />183.1 rwhp / 220.5 rwtq

Comment

Mommy dearest just had her loudmouth installed on her '01 SS (I got her exhaust). That resonator isn't even a damn resonator. I peaked inside (like you said, you can look right through it) and I saw no sort of fins or anyhing... it was just a section of pipe (basically) that was bigger in diameter.

It's damn loud, by the way.

Id love to hear what yur 6 sounds like.
                2002 Camaro SS 6 Spd<br />Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Still breaking it in<p>Traded in - 2002 V6 5 Spd Camaro.<p>\"I\'ll never trust squirrels again.\"

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Silver2000V6:
                  Hey Rich97 W68. I remember you posting that the single-cat install kit for the loudmouth (pn 30045) at tbyrne included a mandrel 3" s-pipe I think. Is that the case? Could I order that as a replacement for the stock 2.25" s-pipe on my 2000? Thanks for the help.<hr></blockquote>

I couldn't tell if the resonator was 3.5-4.0". I meant to put that, but as you can tell I can't edit for crap. Heh.

As for ordering that part as a replacement? Yes and no.

Yes: it will fit perfectly.

No: you'll need a reducer to connect correctly to the catalytic converter. I might just knock off the stock reducer and mate 3" - 3". You could always do that.

The LT1 install kit comes with the S-pipe, exhaust hangars for the LT1 cars, all sorts of different clamps and such. You might have a lot of stuff left over, but the pipe looks like it'll work fine if you've mated an aftermarket LS1 catback to your car and stock S-pipe...

Hope that helps.

BTW, Magnus...
                  The B&B easily weighs that much. I couldn't believe how damn heavy that thing was, LOL. I can pick up the Loudmouth with one arm with absolute EASE. It's amazing how LIGHT the thing is...

R

Comment

so according to the Z28.com board, you like it? i'm thinking of putting on a resonator in place of my cat, along with my spintech muffler. It already has no raspiness, damn i think that would be the ultimate! Of course i'd rig up an o2 simm. And also was going to put headers with it anyway, resonator or not. Get that video up Rich! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Scott

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X