SLP CAI and AIT sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLP CAI and AIT sensor

I have a '96 3.8 V6 Camaro, and just bought a SLP CIA for it. I'm trying to remove the AIT sensor connector on my stock intake so I can install it in the new elbow. I'm having problems removing it and I'm afraid of breaking it. Does anyone have any suggestions of how to remove it?

Thanks,

Jon
    1995 Z28, 5.7L, M6<br />- No Mods yet<br /><br />1996 Camaro, 3.8L, M5 (selling)<br />- SLP CAI

It's wedged in there pretty good. take a pair of pliers and just yank on it while turning it. It'll come out eventually.
    1997 Y87 Camaro with a motor and some stuff.

Comment

Well I the sensor connector trying to get it out. Any options?
      1995 Z28, 5.7L, M6<br />- No Mods yet<br /><br />1996 Camaro, 3.8L, M5 (selling)<br />- SLP CAI

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Jon:
        Well I the sensor connector trying to get it out. Any options?
        <hr></blockquote>

What? Okay look, what you do is exactly what Sped214 said. You just remove the sensor from the rubber surrounding and place the sensor into the 1LE elbow. Everyone has done it. I haven't heard of anyone braking it. Use some ingenuity. Don't be affraid to brake it. Some times brute force is the only way. If you have to use plyers, I used my hands, use what ever you want. If you have to cut a little slit in the rubber part, do that. It's really not that difficult to do.
        1 of a kind<p>Red 97 Camaro<p>Modifications: <br />SLP CAI, RK Sport Headers, Car Sound High Flow Cat, 3\" piping<br />3\" Steel driveshaft, SFC\'s, Panhard Rod, MAC Torque Arm<br />Manual Fan Switch<p>Best E/T:<p>60\' 2.152<br />330 6.271<br />1/8th 9.704<br />MPH 71.93

Comment

just pull it and spin it around like a screw driver...leftie loosie. [img]smile.gif[/img]

also everyone is so delicate with electronics...I've dropped electronic components before and no problem. Hell I accidentally got my geforce3 wet when installing it...but hey, 1yr later and it still works...point is...don't worry bout breaking it! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I just did the install two weeks ago and that was a pain to get out...took one person to pull one way and another to pull the stupid sensor out.

Anyways...I have a question for you guys who also have the SLP intake. Which was is the little grey plastic clip facing? (facing the driver...facing up...or facing the front of the car). Just need to know if it makes a difference...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X