is the RK Sport V6 Exhaust setup any good? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is the RK Sport V6 Exhaust setup any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is the RK Sport V6 Exhaust setup any good?

I was checking it out on the web, its the rear section with the mufler+tips -decent price. Anyone got one of these,pix, sound good?
    TNX

I've got that system on my car. It's been on for about two years now and it has never given me any trouble. The system basically consists of a Dynomax muffler and custom chrome plated tips that are oval shaped.

The sound is pretty good. It has a nice quiet "burble" at idle and cruising RPM. It only gets slightly thrashy at higher RPMs, but it never gets really bad in my opinion. Don't expect any huge power gains though.

I don't have any pictures or sound clips, so I hope this description helps. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Stephen<br />1995 Pontiac Firebird<br />3800 Series II V6<br /><br />2000 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

this system is actually good because it isnt really made my rksport like stated above
      2001 SOM Camaro SS<p>Direct flo lid---Lakewood LCAs----Edelbrock Torque Arm-----Lous Short Stick---Dynomouth 3\" Exhaust---SLP Center Mount Exhaust---Poly tranny and torque arm mounts.<p>My site....http://community.webshots.com/album/49413018hRfdbP

Comment

I have the RKSport cat-back, which is the same rear section that you are talking about , but with a 2.5" I-pipe attached. I like it alot. Very good sound. RKSport no longer makes the cat-back that I have though. :( If you want you could just buy a dynomax super-turbo muffler and some tips, because that's all the rear section system they sell is.
        Charles<br />98 Silver Firebird M5<br />whisper lid, K&N, whisper cold-air<br />RKSport cat-back<br />BMR LCA\'s, STB, panhard rod, tunnel brace<br />B&M ripper<br />15.376@89.92 2.267 60\'

Comment

Yeah, I believe they're now using a Magnaflow muffler.
          -James<br /><br />\'96 3.8L A4 Camaro (SOLD)

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by RacerJ:
            Yeah, I believe they're now using a Magnaflow muffler.<hr></blockquote>

Eew, in that case stay away! Lol. MagnaFlow's sound like sh*t IMHO. Too quiet and ricey at WOT.
            Kyle M<br />--------------<br /><a href=\"http://grdws6.netfirms.com\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Trans Am WS6</a> (silver, A4) - lid, cutout, stage 3 shift kit, 12 bolt, vig 3200, tranny cooler, bmr sfc/stb, torq thrust ii. <b>12.688 @ 106.47mph -=- 1.756 60\'</b>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X