Question about induction elbow for a K&N CAI - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about induction elbow for a K&N CAI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about induction elbow for a K&N CAI

can this Induction Elbowfit on my car so that I can install my k&n cold air intake? The reason why I ask is because that part that you see infront, is oval shape and my engine induction is round, can someone help? Anybody have pics of thier K&N CAI installed? any links to somewhere I can buy the right induction elbow? Thanks, any info will help alot! [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img] :cool: [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
    Then: 1997 3.8L Red Firebird~SOLD!~<p>Now: 2002 Atlantic Blue Dodge Ram 1500

no, I think its round. It just looks oval.
    White 98 Camaro with t-tops leather and Y87. For more info on mods just ask.<br />1/4=14.9<br />2002 Xterra V6 A4

Comment

Yes that will work. Some manufacturers even provide, or recommend it for installing on a 3800.
      Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Yup, that's the elbow you need. The reason it doesn't fit without the elbow is becuase the 93 LT1 and the 94 3.4 Liter v6(which the FIPK is made for) didn't have the censors the new ones do, so it was a longer pipe. Notice how the elbow connects to the "round" hole on your intake and the oval hole on the FIPK kit. You need the 1LE 90 degree elbow for the install. With that piece it will only take a few minutes to install. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
        Teal 94 Camaro 3.4 Liter<br />Transgo stage 3 shiftkit, Shift module, corvette servo, SLP cold air induction,3.42 ring and pinion, Heavy Duty Posi LSD, Flowmaster exhaust, NX, blackouts

Comment

I was told by a friend today that the oval part flexes so that it will fit on the engine part, so its the right one, thanks for the help, I didn't wanna buy it then find out it doesn't fit. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img] :cool: [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
          Then: 1997 3.8L Red Firebird~SOLD!~<p>Now: 2002 Atlantic Blue Dodge Ram 1500

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X