Cold Air Induction system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold Air Induction system?

Im just curiouse if get the Cold Air Induction system from SLP is the same thing as the K&N intake system. Can both be installed at the same time or do i have to choose either one or another. One is called the "(slp)COLD AIR INDUCTION SYSTEM" the other one is called just "intake sytem". Im a bit confused on this issue.

I also checked around online K&N doesnt seem to make an intake system for v6 97 firebird? im probably wrong?

Im such a newbbie!
    can some one clearify this for me
    97 Firebird <br />Flowmaster series 80 Muffler,<br />3\" Highflow Cat, <br />3\" CatBack, <br />20% Tints All around.<br />2.5\" dual out (soon quad stainless steel-from fasttoys)

Your best place to start is the reviews area. Then head over to the Tech Database.

Also, you can do a search for either one of these topics in the General Tech area.

I'm moving this over there too ;)

This area is for Superchargers and Turbos [img]smile.gif[/img]

Steve
    FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Administrator
    Stupid is rewarded with the ban button.
    Official Avatar Nazi according to Meatyshells :D

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by nyclaidback:
      I also checked around online K&N doesnt seem to make an intake system for v6 97 firebird? im probably wrong?<hr></blockquote>

Welcome, I hope that I can help a bit more. Tealv6 sent you in the correct direction, yet there is more than just that to look at.
      If you click my link in the sig, under the Firebird section are tons of pics that are of the SLP CAI installed on my 97 Firebird to go through.
      If you decide to finally get one, I suggest the SLP over the K&N.
      IMO, it's just a better built system, and looks super cool as well.
      &, we all were new at some point, thats why we're here, to learn.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by nyclaidback:
        Im just curiouse if get the Cold Air Induction system from SLP is the same thing as the K&N intake system. Can both be installed at the same time or do i have to choose either one or another. One is called the "(slp)COLD AIR INDUCTION SYSTEM" the other one is called just "intake sytem". Im a bit confused on this issue.
        <hr></blockquote>

To answer your question, yes, the two are different systems that basically do the same thing. They increase the air intake of the engine therefore improving performance. They can not be used together and which one is better varies from on person to the other. I personally think the SLP CAI (Cold Air Induction) looks better under the hood.
        2000 GTP<br />Thrasher CAI, 3.4\" pulley, DHP PCM<br />Member RedLineVSix<br />Best ET-14.02<br />Best Trap-97.15

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X