Proof: Flowmaster is not restrictive - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proof: Flowmaster is not restrictive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proof: Flowmaster is not restrictive

http://www.ls1info.com/article.php?sid=59

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>
    We fired the Techno TA up again, and checked for leaks. Satisfied with our work, we drove back up on the rollers and made another pull. Amazingly, power again reached the 300hp mark. The Flowmaster system was just as effective, as running without a muffler, and the deep rumble emitting from the twin tips was definitely much more appealing.
    <hr></blockquote>

[ July 12, 2002: Message edited by: Dominic ]</p>
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
    Details: www.1lev6.com

They only gained 12rwhp with open exhaust on a LS1 over the stock muffler, does that seem right? The mufflers that come on the new LS1's are huge and make the car sound very quiet. My dad's car sound like a desiel engine because it's so quiet. I'm guessing the cats were still on since the LS1 doesn't have a Y pipe till after the cats.
    1997 Nassau Blue Vette<br />1989 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 (lifted with 31\" tires)<br />2000 V6 Camaro, loud, cammed 210rwhp *SOLD*

Comment

Thats what Im always sayin, Flowmaster kicks a$$!

Comment

not bad, but that's on a stock ls1 w/ no intake mods, right? I'd like to see just how far they could go using a flowmaster till they made less hp than running w/ no muffler.
        2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />More mods than I\'m allowed to list!

Comment

that just proves that an aftermarket exhaust system did free up some hp. I mean, if you're going to buy a different muffler, it's supposed to help you by giving you more power. If it didn't it would defeat the purpose of buying it right! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Why don't they compare the Flowmaster "American Thunder" to other mufflers...jee I wonder why?

No flames intended, but think about the bias point of view flowmaster owners. Your exhaust sounds bad-a$$ (at idle and on V8s) but it doesn't flow as well as the competition.

Comment

Hey if you go to the turbobuick.com, people over there suggest not to put flowmasters on GNs. You want to no why, because they do not flow good at all. The mufflers that they suggest is dynomax or magnaflow, something with a stright through design. I replaced the flowmaster on my old truck becuase it was tinty and did not flow well espally when flooded.
            2004 Dodge Dakota 3.7 litres of raw power!!<br />Nothing but a 6!<br />Do you know for sure? John 3:18

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X