hi-flow cat and emissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi-flow cat and emissions

i just barely passed emissions with a 14.9 CO2 level under the 15 limit- just wondering if the hi-flow cat will hurt my emissions results next year?

also, should i buy new 02 sensors with the new hi-flow cat or simms?
    <b>Red 1996 Firebird 5-speed:</b><br />-Zexel-Torsen LSD, SLP CAI, B&B TriFlow Exhaust, 1LE Aluminum Driveshaft, 1LE LCA\'s, 160 Degree Thermostat, SLP Manual Fan Switch, B&M Ripper Shifter, 245/50/16 Kuhmo Ecsta Supras and lots of Zaino<p><b>White 1990 5.0L Camaro IROC-Z:</b><br />-Flowmaster Muffler, NGK\'s/Taylors<br /><i>-SOLD</i>

which high flow do you use?

i'm wondering cause i'm almost to 50,000miles and am about to do some exhaust mods, but still want to pass emissions.

i'm thinking a random tech's 2.5 to 2.5 converter (they do make these, right?)

thanks
    Your sig is the most important part of your message. Make sure that you list EVERY single thing that you have done to your car so that we can all go \'oooh!\' and \'Ah!\'. Please make your sig consistently longer than anything else you post. Please include your lengthy sig with EVERY single post you make during a reply, even if you only reply with a monosyllable grunt.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ike:
      which high flow do you use?

i'm wondering cause i'm almost to 50,000miles and am about to do some exhaust mods, but still want to pass emissions.

i'm thinking a random tech's 2.5 to 2.5 converter (they do make these, right?)

thanks
      <hr></blockquote>

i'm going with Catco- does anyone know the answer?
      <b>Red 1996 Firebird 5-speed:</b><br />-Zexel-Torsen LSD, SLP CAI, B&B TriFlow Exhaust, 1LE Aluminum Driveshaft, 1LE LCA\'s, 160 Degree Thermostat, SLP Manual Fan Switch, B&M Ripper Shifter, 245/50/16 Kuhmo Ecsta Supras and lots of Zaino<p><b>White 1990 5.0L Camaro IROC-Z:</b><br />-Flowmaster Muffler, NGK\'s/Taylors<br /><i>-SOLD</i>

Comment

if your current cat is the old original one, the Catco hi-flo cat would probably help you pass your next emissions test. how many miles do you have on your car?

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by OnixV6:
          if your current cat is the old original one, the Catco hi-flo cat would probably help you pass your next emissions test. how many miles do you have on your car?<hr></blockquote>

82,000 miles...

Comment

You should pass no problem, and get o2 simms instead of new sensors :D
            97 Red Firebird<br />Best N/A 1/4: 13.98<br />Best N/A MPH: 96.13<br />Best Nitrous 1/4: 12.49<br />Best Nitrous MPH: 108.53<p>2001 Pewter Camaro SS <br />GTP Stage II Heads, Pig Cam, Holley Intake, SLP Headers, SLP Lid, Vigalante 3600 Stall Converter, MagnaFlow Cat Back Exhaust, Duel Electric Cut-Outs<br />11.26@121

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X