Intake things came intoday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intake things came intoday!

Woohoo! Got my Whisper lid, K&N, and SSRA kit all today. I don't have time to install them tonight, so looks like I'll have to do it tomorrow after I drop a friend off at the airport. Anything I should remember to do when I do this? I seem to remember someone saying you need to undo the neg terminal on the battery and someone else said you don't have to. I'm lookin forward to this :D .

Rob
    <b>2002 Pewter v6 Camaro</b><br />T-tops, Auto, stock GFX<br />mods: SSRA, Whisper lid, K&N filter, Borla cat-back, Pioneer HU, RF 6.5\" speakers, billet grill, clear corners, red tubing under hood, black CAMARO fill-in\'s, QTEC, GM power antenna, fan switch

you can remove the neg terminal if u want, no biggie. I never did. Make sure u cover up the MAF opening to keep debris out of the sensor.
    2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />More mods than I\'m allowed to list!

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Arctc Wolf:
      you can remove the neg terminal if u want, no biggie. I never did. Make sure u cover up the MAF opening to keep debris out of the sensor.<hr></blockquote>

no biggie??? anytime you disconnect a senor you should have the power to te pcm cut off or chances are it wil throw a code then when you disconnect the terminal after that the code will go away but will still be on your pcm until you get it put on a scanner and cleared.
      Longtubes, true duals, ram air, caspers tps tec, ls1 26lb injectors, supersix powerpack, heads milled .020, comp cam .507 220/224 114 ls, forged internals and chromeoly pushrods, bored .030 over, tb spacer, tranny built with stiffer springs and kevlar bands, bigger servo, transgo stage 3 shift kit, edge 3600 stall, 1 pc aluminum ds, 3.73 superior gears, lsd rear ,custom pcm tuning, walbro 255 in tank,

Comment

Tell me what you think of the SSRA, I'm stuck between that and the whisper pack. Not sure which to get.
        2003 Nissan 350Z Touring Coupe, Daytona Blue, Frost leather interior, navigation, 18 inch wheels, M6, fully loaded, intake, crank pulley.<br /><br />Previous cars:<br />1991 Mustang (347)<br />2002 RS Camaro<br />1985 IROC-Z (305)<br />1994 Camaro convertible V6

Comment

Well, installed all of it today. The install on took one hour, 15 min. Not too bad, the hardest part of it all was taking the radiator shrouds off, and that was only hard because I actually had to try to find two clips. I can say I definately feel a difference in throttle responce. I don't know how much each individual component played in that, but I felt a difference just driving around town to get lunch and back. I'm not sure how the SSRA compares to other kits, but I like it.

I was a little worried about breaking the scoop, but I figure I have the stock GFX, so I know how to drive without scraping. I'll try it later and see how highway driving is.

Rob
          <b>2002 Pewter v6 Camaro</b><br />T-tops, Auto, stock GFX<br />mods: SSRA, Whisper lid, K&N filter, Borla cat-back, Pioneer HU, RF 6.5\" speakers, billet grill, clear corners, red tubing under hood, black CAMARO fill-in\'s, QTEC, GM power antenna, fan switch

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SLOWBRAEATER:

no biggie??? anytime you disconnect a senor you should have the power to te pcm cut off or chances are it wil throw a code then when you disconnect the terminal after that the code will go away but will still be on your pcm until you get it put on a scanner and cleared.
            <hr></blockquote>

Whoops [img]graemlins/dunce.gif[/img] . I didn't see this before I did the install so I didn't unplug the negative term. So code thrown, so I guess it's all good.

Rob

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X