Does the length in High Flow Cats Matter? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the length in High Flow Cats Matter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the length in High Flow Cats Matter?

I noticed my stock cat is about 17 or 18 inches long. Do I have to get a high flow cat that's about the same size or can I go smaller? I know summit has catco cats for about 60 bucks, but they're like 14 inches. My stock don't have a air tube neither.

[ January 15, 2002: Message edited by: shortdog273 ]</p>
    <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

You can get the aftermarket cats without the air inlet tubes also.

And you can go either size. Would probably just change the sound a little. I know that my Random Tech cat was shorter than the stock one.
    -James<br /><br />\'96 3.8L A4 Camaro (SOLD)

Comment

Oh, and as a side note: Check the welds on the heat shield on the new cat, they have a tendency to be weak. You may ask your exhaust guy to give it a couple of spot welds when he puts it in just so you won't have to deal with it later.
      -James<br /><br />\'96 3.8L A4 Camaro (SOLD)

Comment

I believe summit offers catco's in 12,14, & 16" lengths, & w/ or w/out the air inlet tube.

Right now i have a 14" w/ tube.
        2002 Electron Blue Corvette<br />1999 Black Mazda Truck<p>AKA: Night Rider

Comment

I've noticed most cats(mainly catco)without the airtubes are longer in length and cost more. What's the airtube for anyways??
          <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X