anyone have worthwhile gains w/ headers? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone have worthwhile gains w/ headers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone have worthwhile gains w/ headers?

if so, what brand? i've heard that w/ the 3.8L, headers don't give more than 5-10 rwhp, and for the money, are not really worth it... again, just curious... i'm thinkin long term
    thanks!
    neil O.
    1999 Pontiac Firebird W68 Ram Air<br />3800 Series II V6 A4<p>Appearance: <br />Black, Ram Air Hood, Ground Effects, T-Tops, Silver Decals by Firebat, <br />Stock 16\" Chrome 5-Star Wheels, Chrome WS6 Dual Exhaust Tips<p>Performance:<br />Yank Super Thruster 3500 Torque Converter, 3.42 gears w/ OEM Zexel Torsen LSD, Jet Stage II chip, 180* Thermostat, B&M Transmission Cooler, Whisper Lid, K&N, Free Ram Air, 1/2\" Raised Airbox, Custom 2.5\" Catback Exhaust w/ Flowmaster 80 Series Muffler, Nitto 555R Drag Radials (back), Goodyear Eagle GSC 245/50ZR16 (front)

I had high hopes going into my headers project (I put on CIAs, you can check my website for more info. on my full setup...), but after having done it, I can tell you that it's really not worth the money for the gain you get, and especially not worth the pain in the butt install. Only reason to go with them is really if you have NOS, blower, etc... I'd recommend spending the money on LSD, gears, aluminum DS, etc... (Guess what I'm going to be saving up for? ;) )

Hope that helps you.
    -James
    -James<br /><br />\'96 3.8L A4 Camaro (SOLD)

Comment

racerj sorry bro I wont even say it.

But hopefully you will be able to make use of it down the road.

Comment

You mean the headers? Hehe... I consider the harrowing experience a "war scar." ;) But on the upside, I can change my plugs and wires in no time. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
        -James<br /><br />\'96 3.8L A4 Camaro (SOLD)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X