KN FIPK for 98-02

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KN FIPK for 98-02

Well, K&N finally got around to makin an FIPK kit for the 98-02 fbodies. looks like it might be just for the V8s, but it doesn't look too promising either, not for the 300 bone it costs.
    take a look. FIPK for 98-02
    2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Hasn't that been out already for a while...? I just wonder what the difference in performance between the FIPK and a lid w/ram air will be... Probably not much.

And it is just for V8's, but I guess if you really try you could fit in the 6'er, too. ;)

Later!

TS
    <a href=\"http://www.suikkari.net/camaro_pics\" target=\"_blank\"><b>2000 Camaro Z28</b></a><br /><br /><a href=\"http://1texfinn.cz28.com/photo3.html\" target=\"_blank\">2000 Expedition Eddie Bauer</a>

Comment

i actually have no idea how long it's been out...i just saw it in jegs last catalog, i was amazed at the price, it just looks kinda sloppy
      2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

well the theory behind the design is relatively sound. the filter design and the "funnel" toward the rear of the filter part are very similar to those fipks for the newer vettes... only thing is that I don't see the pipe that runs from this funnel part to the throttle body... you see the part at the rear of it in the pic with the hose clamp... well you could I guess run a piece of pvc into the throttlebody from there alot like the guys with whisper lids do on 99+ v6's. On the vettes they went with a very similar filter and specially designed pipe to go from the filter to the throttlebody and on crank and chrome they installed one and got 22rwhp on their chassy dyno. (no I don't know what kind but I really do kinda trust their word) I don't know what it did to the torque numbers and they never really showed the graphs. So I think it could work with a little adaption but I'd have to see one first and for that kind of cash.. ehh.. I dunno..
        -Brad
        98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
        2000 V-Star Custom 1100
        If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
        :rock:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X